Senior Manager, Demographic Risk
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £105,000 to £145,000 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 099835
- Posted November, 09, 2023 9:45 AM
End Date Wednesday 22 November 2023 Salary Range £105,400 - £124,000 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Flexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid...
End DateWednesday 22 November 2023
Salary Range£105,400 - £124,000
Agile Working OptionsFlexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid Working, Job Share
Job Description SummaryResponsible for demographic risk methodology and calibration
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Demographic Risk
Salary: £105,000 - £145,000 Depending on experience
LOCATION(S): Edinburgh or London
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in our London or Edinburgh office
About this opportunity
We're looking to recruit a Senior Manager to join our Specialist Actuarial Assumptions and Methodology Team, part of the Actuarial Function within Insurance, Pensions & Investments Finance.
In this role you’ll be responsible for how we analyse demographic risks. This feeds into setting best-estimate assumptions and capital requirements, and drives out vital understanding to support our pricing and proposition teams in delivering for customers.
Establishing and building strong internal and external networks will let you stay on top of emerging trends in customer behaviour and relevant research. Your work will cut across all of the product lines sold by our Insurance, Pensions & Investments business, including annuities, workplace & personal pensions, and life insurance. (Sales Pitch one liner question)
Day to day you’ll be:
- Leading a team of technical specialists to further our understanding of demographic risks
- Supporting product development
- Developing techniques and processes to analyse data and identify what is driving underlying trends
- Bringing your actuarial judgement to demographic assumptions setting and explaining these judgements to others
- Producing capital calibrations for longevity, mortality and persistency risks
- Presenting summaries of complex technical information to senior colleagues.
If you think all banks are the same, you’d be wrong. We’re an innovative, fast-changing business that’s shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that’s empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you’ll need
- To be a qualified actuary, with several years post-qualification experience
- An analytical mind with great attention to detail
- Prior demographic risk experience with knowledge of industry practice in this field
- Excellent communication skills, including at a senior level
- Experience leading people.
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Knowledge and/or experience working with R
- Experience of applying Generalised Linear Models to set assumptions
- Experience of using Longevitas.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.