Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: R0070964
- Posted November, 09, 2023 4:26 PM
Job Description Job Title: Client Manager Role Type: 12 Month FTC Location: Edinburgh or London Department / Team: Client Service Business Unit / Division: Client Service / Client Group About abrdn is a leading asset...
Job Title: Client Manager
Role Type: 12 Month FTC
Location: Edinburgh or London
Department / Team: Client Service
Business Unit / Division: Client Service / Client Group
abrdn is a leading asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, whose investment needs are at the centre of all we do. We have a significant global presence and the scale and expertise to deliver a comprehensive range of investment capabilities that help our clients meet their investment goals.
About The Department
Client Service sits within the Client Group function of abrdn. The Client Service team are responsible for managing and servicing the needs of Institutional and Wholesale clients across all products and building long-term client relationships to ensure our clients experience the very highest level of service.
About The Role
The Client Manager is an integral part of the Client Services team and is responsible for managing and building upon the day to day relationships with some of abrdn most important clients who may be invested in segregated, pooled or alternative investment strategies. The Client Manager acts as the single point of contact for client queries and ensures that client requests are dealt with in a timely, proactive, value-add and accurate way.
Key Outcomes / Responsibilities:
Delivering Excellent Client Service
- Managing and responding to client queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Proactively communicating and interacting with clients, arranging client service review meetings or other face to face meetings as required.
- Working with internal teams to resolve any operational issues, highlighting to the client where necessary and escalating any potential risks to the business.
- Taking responsibility for any client lifecycle events, including take-on, changes or terminations, working alongside operational teams to ensure a smooth client experience.
- Managing changes to client documentation including, for example, amendments to Investment Management Agreements and/or Distribution Agreements
- Overseeing client specific reporting (and invoicing) to ensure these are issued accurately and on time.
- Providing feedback/insight gained on client requirements to the wider team to share information and allow identification of common themes and trends.
Working Within Required Control Framework
- Creating and maintaining central client records for regulatory and internal purposes to enable accurate reporting and management information.
- Logging client issues/breaches/complaints and maintaining an audit trail of resolution.
- Minimising potential risks to the business by following agreed processes and procedures.
- Acting as the principal point of contact for clients and their consultants/advisers and strengthening and deepening these working relationships.
- Working closely with Client Directors/Relationship Managers to share information and keep them briefed on relevant client activity.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in the wider Client Group to ensure client expectations are being met.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the Client Service team and across the rest of the organisation including Investment teams, Operations, Legal, Finance and Compliance.
- Understanding investment challenges, the impact of regulatory changes and internal operational requirements to ensure informed discussion with clients.
To be successful in this role you will need (minimum experience/requirements)
- Notable experience of client servicing environments within Financial Services.
- Solid understanding of investment markets, instruments and economics.
- Understanding of segregated and pooled account structures and client relationships.
- Proactive approach to identifying and solving a vast range of problems.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant experience in an investment related role.
- Communication & Influencing – ability to communicate clearly and effectively whether verbally or in writing.
- Problem solving – able to understand client requirements/problems, identify potential risks involved and the necessary steps for resolution.
- Client focus –maintains focus on understanding the client and their needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Teamwork – co-operates and collaborates with colleagues across the business. Provides support and help to other members of the Client Service team.
There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around. This includes 40 days’ annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary performance based bonus (where applicable), private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits – including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount portal. You can read more about our benefits here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.
Posted by Ferguson Transport & ShippingFull Time
Due to expanding business needs and continued growth, Ferguson Transport & Shipping are currently recruiting for an Accommodation & Office Manager, based at Kishorn. The successful applicant will be responsible for the smooth running of all welfare and gatehouse facilities.