Senior Analyst - Capital Modelling
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £48,816 to £54,240 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 101269
- Posted November, 10, 2023 9:44 AM
End Date Thursday 23 November 2023 Salary Range £48,816 - £54,240 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Flexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid...
End DateThursday 23 November 2023
Salary Range£48,816 - £54,240
Agile Working OptionsFlexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid Working, Job Share, Reduced Hours
Job Description SummarySee below
JOB TITLE: Senior Analyst - Capital Modelling
LOCATION: Leeds, London or Edinburgh
HOURS: Full Time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites
About this opportunity
Could you help us become more insightful about data to reshape our business and deliver success?
We currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join our specialist modelling team. You’ll be a critical part of the team and responsible for the development, validation and roll-out of the next generation of credit risk capital models on the UK’s largest retail mortgage portfolio. This project is one of the highest profile in the organisation, and is fundamentally important for our business.
You’ll deliver this new suite of models whilst also helping the wider business understand the impacts these will have; and transforming how risk models are developed within LBG.
Working as part of a team you’ll support all stages of the prudential model development or maintenance processes from understanding the regulations, translating them to an analytical problem statement and experimenting with different modelling approaches to build the most appropriate solution.
The initial project is one of the most important and high profile within the Group, as we redevelop our IRB Capital models to meet new regulations and ensure the Group maintains appropriate Capital requirements.
We will be pioneering the use of the latest tools and technologies such as Python, Vertex AI, Google Cloud Platform and redefine our ways of working to leverage technology and move forward at pace.
The team operates alongside exceptional consultant partners, and this presents a unique opportunity to learn from a wide range of experienced industry experts and develop your career
Your accountabilities will include:
- Develop and maintain prudential CRDIV compliant capital models for the Secured portfolio
- Use coding language for data manipulation and analysis. Note that Python, as well as SAS will be used extensively and full training provided
- Work with Risk and Finance business partners to agree the objectives of analytical projects and ensure they meet regulatory and business requirements
- Mentoring and coaching of junior colleagues
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including internal governance and implementation teams, to deliver effective analytical solutions
Why Lloyds Banking Group?
We’re on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we’re shaping finance for good. We’re focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.
What we need from you?
- Relevant industry experience delivering predictive analytics, in a credit risk or transferrable field setting.
- A strong applied knowledge of statistical modelling e.g. regression or decision trees
- Proficient in a coding language (e.g. Python, SQL, SAS) to manipulate data and produce insight using predictive analytics techniques. Training and support will be provided for the specific tools required for the role.
- Ability to present techniques & findings in a clear, visual manner to support senior business partners decision making, including non-technical colleagues.
- Experience delivering projects as an individual or as part of a wider team.
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Practical experience in capital or impairment credit-risk modelling techniques and methods is desirable.
- Prior experience mentoring / coaching junior colleagues is desirable.
About working for us!
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 28 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
This is a once in a career opportunity to help shape your future as well as ours. Join us and grow with purpose.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.