Manager - Capital Modelling
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £72,081 to £80,090 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 101251
- Posted November, 10, 2023 9:44 AM
End Date Thursday 23 November 2023 Salary Range £72,081 - £80,090 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Flexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid...
End DateThursday 23 November 2023
Salary Range£72,081 - £80,090
Agile Working OptionsFlexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid Working, Job Share, Reduced Hours
Job Description SummarySee Below
JOB TITLE: Capital Modelling Manager
LOCATION: Leeds, London or Edinburgh
HOURS: Full Time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites
About this opportunity
We currently have a great opportunity to join our specialist modelling team focused on building and delivering industry leading IRB models for the Mortgages portfolio. You’ll be responsible for ensuring specific models are appropriately validated, monitored and managed in line with Group and regulatory standards.
Working as part of a team, you’ll lead all stages of a prudential model development or maintenance process from understanding the regulations, translating them to an analytical problem statement, experimenting with different modelling approaches to build the most appropriate solution and implementation/governance.
The initial project is one of the most important and high profile within the Group, as we redevelop our IRB Capital models to meet new regulations and ensure the Group maintains appropriate Capital requirements.
We will be pioneering the use of the latest tools and technologies such as Python, Vertex AI, Google Cloud Platform and redefine our ways of working to leverage technology and move forward at pace.
The team operates alongside exceptional consultant partners, and this presents a unique opportunity to learn from a wide range of experienced industry experts and develop your career.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Take ownership for delivery of high profile modelling and analytic projects, ensuring these are completed in line with business & project requirements.
- Lead the design of modelling solutions (model developments, calibrations, analytics etc.) to high technical standards and following internal policies and external regulation.
- Think about data differently, using it to really understand customer behaviour and credit performance and to tell a story to the business in order to influence decision making.
- Build positive relationships with colleagues and partners across the organisation and communicate clearly to agree modelling proposals and present recommendations.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and management to less experienced team members.
- Participate actively in the management team, supporting senior managers in delivering of wider team initiatives and proactively contributing to development of positive team culture.
- Take ownership for delivery of modelling and analytic projects, ensuring these are completed in line with business requirements..
- Use coding language (e.g. Python, SAS) for data manipulation and analysis. Note, whilst experience of coding is required, full training will be provided in languages not previously used.
Why Lloyds Banking Group?
From building a truly sustainable business to creating a place where people love to work, we need colleagues who are up for the challenge of our bold ambitions. Who are excited to push boundaries and make change happen. Together, we can grow with purpose.
What we need from you?
- Proven industry experience delivering capital or related models.
- Comfortable working with numbers and have either a good degree in a numerate subject or equivalent quantitative experience gained in previous roles.
- Experience leading teams to deliver projects including implementation and model governance project stages.
- Proficient in a coding language (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python) to manipulate data and produce insight using predictive analytics techniques.
About working for us!
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.