Pupil Support Assistant, Hazlehead Academy
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £12.27 to £13.61 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABC10456
- Posted November, 10, 2023 11:19 AM
Job Purpose: Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of...
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Hazlehead Academy, Aberdeen
Duration: Fixed Term, Term Time Only
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
To help promote effective learning, teaching, personal development and an
atmosphere where pupils can achieve to reach their potential under direction and
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
PVG membership for regulated work with children and/or protected adults or, a
willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
• Support learning and teaching activities in the classroom.
• Support pupils during learning activities and breaks including lunchtime.
• Promote positive behaviour and positive relationships.
• Assist with the preparation, organisation and use of resources.
• Ensure the care, welfare and health and safety of pupils.
• Administer and provide medical and/or personal care for pupils as required.
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs