Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 203751
- Posted November, 10, 2023 3:45 PM
Job Description ‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and...
‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and food as much as we do! There’s no better time to join our team and help millions of customers prepare for their celebrations and join in the excitement of the festive season!
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and schedule hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
Love food and have a passion for freshly baked products? This could be the perfect ‘roll’ to ‘prove’ yourself! You don’t need any previous experience as we’ll teach you everything you need to know to work in one of our in-store bakeries where you will be baking a range of tasty food treats that our customers love.
Whilst our Bakers spend the majority of their time working within our bakery, we’ll ensure you are trained and supported to work across our Food Services teams when needed. Wherever you’re working, you’ll be there to make sure our customers have a great experience - from helpful advice to chatting about their day, so that they keep coming back to shop at Sainsbury’s.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Nightshift premium - in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £2.45 nightshift premium is paid for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.