Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £25,342 to £25,631 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC06894
- Posted November, 11, 2023 8:07 AM
Job Description The Clerical Assistant is responsible for undertaking main reception duties and for providing clerical support for Ports and Harbours Operations. The Clerical Assistant reports to the Senior Clerical Assistant on a day-to-day basis.
The Clerical Assistant is responsible for undertaking main reception duties and for providing clerical support for Ports and Harbours Operations. The Clerical Assistant reports to the Senior Clerical Assistant on a day-to-day basis.
Specific tasks of the Clerical Assistant, Ports and Harbours Operations include:
- To operate the main telephone switchboard and to ensure callers are passed to the relevant member of staff. To greet all visitors to Sellaness Reception on a day to day basis, and deal with any initial complaints that may arise. To take messages when required and pass on to the relevant member of staff / area immediately;
- To undertake general clerical duties – this will include the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database programmes to produce memos, letters and reports as required;
- To receive, record (log) and distribute incoming and outgoing mail – this will include mail in all forms, i.e. Royal Mail, Couriers and electronic communications;
- To distribute information internally to the appropriate individuals / departments;
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at The Port Administration Building, Sella Ness
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Sheena Summers, Team Leader - 01595 744208 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here