Delivery driver (nights) (10736)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £11.01 to £11.70 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 10736
- Posted November, 10, 2023 12:00 AM
Delivery Driver (Nights) - 01.00am - 08.30am - based on a 5 over 7 shift pattern - 35hrs per week. We have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that others...
Delivery Driver (Nights) - 01.00am - 08.30am - based on a 5 over 7 shift pattern - 35hrs per week.
We have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that others cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK’s most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation – We keep moving forwards.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Driver to join our Aberdeen depot Newstrade team! Our team are responsible for delivering world-class service newspaper service and time critical to our retail customer base.
You will work closely with our Operational Team, who will support you to execute a busy multi-drop schedule. You will be responsible for delivering parcels to our clients and will be fully equipped to do so, driving one of our modern vehicles and having full access to our advanced track/trace technology.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, and we rely on our drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let’s not forget, you’ll be joining one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the ‘extra mile’ is at the heart of their company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Load your vehicle safely and within legislation
- Deliver Newstrade to our customers safely, efficiently and on time
- Ensure security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit to customer
- Uplifting previous days orders
- Complete all documentation as per company procedure
- Break down, allocate and load inbound magazine supplies
- Keep the warehouse safe, clean and tidy
- Adhere to company procedures and policies
WHAT YOU NEED
- Full UK driving Licence (No more than 6 points)
- At least 3 years driving experience
- No previous disqualifications NI, DD or DR
- Solid local geographical knowledge of commercial addresses & streets
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi drop driving and warehouse role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
- Undergo a background check/drug & alcohol test if successful
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Pro-Rota)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
Menzies Distribution is committed to creating a fair and inclusive environment where employees feel safe, proud and valued. We encourage ways of working that treat everyone fairly and with respect, and we look to create opportunities to improve the diversity of our workforce across all areas of the business.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be, and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.