Finance Manager - Commercial Banking Control and Reporting (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £61,641 to £68,490 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 103026
- Posted November, 11, 2023 10:08 AM
End Date Friday 24 November 2023 Salary Range £61,641 - £68,490 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Hybrid Working Job Description Summary . This...
End DateFriday 24 November 2023
Salary Range£61,641 - £68,490
Agile Working OptionsHybrid Working
Job Description Summary.
This role sits within the Commercial Banking Financial Control and Reporting team within GFS, who are responsible for financial control activity for the Commercial Banking division (“CB”) such as recognition, reconciliation and substantiation of financial data, within Lloyds Banking Group (“LBG”).
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking candidate to lead a Finance team responsible for extracting data from underlying lending and deposit source systems, its recognition in the ledger and other reconciliation and financial control processes.
JOB TITLE: Finance Manager - Commercial Banking Control & Reporting (12 Month FTC)
SALARY: £61,681 - £68,490
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in our Edinburgh Princess Exchange office
About this opportunity
We’re on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we’re shaping finance for good. We’re focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract and sits within the Commercial Banking Financial Control and Reporting team within GFS, who are responsible for financial control activity for the Commercial Banking division (“CB”) such as income recognition, reconciliation and substantiation of financial data, guardianship of the ledger and ensuring risk are appropriately raised and resolved.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Finance professional to lead a Finance team responsible for extracting commercial deposit, overdraft and trade data from underlying source systems, its recognition in the ledger, its substantiation and reconciliation and other financial control processes.
Day to day you’ll be:
- Running month end processes, including the monthly balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation process, including “Integrity” certification and the assurance of the ledger at month end;
- Owning the reporting and resolution of any control issues or balance sheet breaks and ensuring action plans are closed in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Collaborating closely with a large number of internal teams including; other GFS teams, the CB Finance business partner teams (based primarily in London and Bristol), Regulatory Control and the Accounting Policy team. In addition there will be extensive liaison with Divisional Business and Operations teams, Finance Platform colleagues and external auditors;
- Understanding the economics and accounting for some of the more complex CB transactions (including their recognition under IFRS 9)
- Working with Finance Platform, and other Change teams to ensure that Financial Control matters are considered in LBG’s Transformation project, including leading the ongoing change impact on source system reconciliations;
- Proactively identifying improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures, including the running of debrief meetings and driving continuous improvement initiatives;
Like the modern Britain we serve, we’re evolving. Investing billions in our people, data and tech to transform the way we meet the ever-changing needs of our 26 million customers. We’re growing with purpose. Join us on our journey and you will too…
What you’ll need
- Accountancy qualification – ICAS (or equivalent), ACCA or CIMA
- Passion for Financial control and a questioning mentality;
- Good analytical skills
- Experience of leading a team;
- Strong stakeholder management
- Desire to adopt and emulate LBG’s Grow With Purpose ethos
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Financial services experience
- Accounting for financial instruments (IFRS 9)
- Strong risk awareness
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.