Assistant Actuarial Manager
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £56,322 to £66,000 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 101706
- Posted November, 11, 2023 10:08 AM
End Date Friday 24 November 2023 Salary Range £56,322 - £62,580 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Flexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid...
End DateFriday 24 November 2023
Salary Range£56,322 - £62,580
Agile Working OptionsFlexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid Working
Job Description Summary.
Job title: Assistant Actuarial Manager
Locations(s): Bristol or Edinburgh
Salary; £56,322 - £66,000
Working Pattern: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity:
As Actuarial Assistant Manager within the newly formed Bench team within Insurance Finance, you’ll have the opportunity to gain an understanding of a wide range of actuarial products, both current and longstanding, how these are modelled, and how the modelled results feed into the wider financial reporting framework.
Our work is interesting and varied and will offer you the chance to hone your research, communication and relationship-building skills and learn about new areas, as well as make use of your existing technical knowledge.
What you’ll be doing
- Helping to build an end-to-end understanding of financial reporting and valuation processes, and associated controls
- Investigation of queries and issues arising within the financial reporting area, and taking proactive steps to bring these to resolution
- Understanding the manual processes that are in performed within other business areas to work around system limitations, and assessing impacts of these on financial reporting
- Understanding any change activity that is occurring within the business, and assessing the impacts of these on financial reporting
- Helping deliver other higher priority activities within the final reporting area
Why Lloyds Banking Group?
Join us and, as well as making a difference to customers, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career where you’re free to be yourself. Great colleagues, redefining workspaces, hybrid working and a wide variety of career opportunities – you’ll find them all here.
What you’ll need:
You’ll be a newly qualified actuary, or have equivalent qualifications and experience with:
- Life insurance
- Ability to engage with colleagues from different business areas
- Understanding of actuarial practice in various areas
- Previous experience in a product design, actuarial modelling or reporting role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
And any of these would be really useful:
- Confident and proactive in your approach to delivery
- Curious in nature, and not afraid to ask questions to deepen your understanding
- Committed to continuous improvement of our processes and reports
About working for us ...
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, build a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We're disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- A discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 28 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready to start growing with purpose?! Apply today.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.