Trading Assistant - Local – Aged 18 or over
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 202504
- Posted November, 11, 2023 4:06 PM
Job Description ‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and...
‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and food as much as we do! There’s no better time to join our team and help millions of customers prepare for their celebrations and join in the excitement of the festive season!
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and schedule hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
Please note that this position requires candidates to have early morning flexibility across different days of the week and therefore may not be suitable for students.
Love food and a bustling working environment? Then you belong in one of our Local convenience stores! Our Trading Assistants work in a fast-paced environment covering all aspects of the store. In this role, you’ll be replenishing stock, checking dates across our fresh produce and grocery products as well as helping unload deliveries and serving customers on tills. It’s important you are comfortable being on your feet, working at pace and using technology as part of our role. Whilst you will be part of a close-knit team, we’ll also trust you to work alone and use your initiative.
Whichever area you’re working in, you’ll take pride in doing the right thing for our customers, have a keen for detail and be passionate about helping people to provide a brilliant service.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
Due to health and safety regulations you need to be at least 18 years of age for this role.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.