Customer Care Steward - SEC, Glasgow
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £10.90 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: G4ST220000KL
- Posted November, 12, 2023 6:33 AM
Customer Care Steward SEC Campus - Glasgow £10.90 per hour We are looking to recruit additional Customer Care Stewards to join our existing Events team in the Scottish Events Campus (SEC), Glasgow. The SEC is...
Customer Care Steward
SEC Campus - Glasgow
£10.90 per hour
We are looking to recruit additional Customer Care Stewards to join our existing Events team in the Scottish Events Campus (SEC), Glasgow.
The SEC is a key customer for G4S events and features three main venues on one campus, the SEC Centre– five interconnected exhibition and meeting spaces, the iconic 3,000 seat SEC Armadillo and the home of Scotland’s live entertainment the OVO Hydro – a 14,300 capacity concert, sporting and special events arena.
Between all 3 venues,we welcome world class acts with the OVO Hydro boasting events such as Kevin Bridges, Snoop Dogg, Disney on Ice and Kiss. A host of high profile events, conferences and exhibitions at the SEC Centre and SEC Armadillo including COP26, Scottish Wedding Show, Comic Con, Diversity, Ideal Home Show and the Irn Bru Carnival. There are plenty of events to suit everyone’s interests and availability!
As a Customer Care Steward at G4S, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a wide range of events out with SEC Campus across Glasgow and the wider region, including the following venues:
SWG3, New Edmiston House, Hampden Park, Ibrox Stadium, Celtic Park, Hibs F.C, Clyde F.C, Scotstoun Stadium, TRNSMT, Summer Sessions and many more.
On offer are opportunities to be part of a wide range of events to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours whilst you study; weekend or evening work during your free time; or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available. Daytime availability would be required for conferences and exhibitions in particular.
Our Events Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff, therefore you will be responsible for ensuring the venues operate safely and securely.
This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting, and directing visitors attending the event
- Monitoring visitor/crowd movements and behavior to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Providing a high standard of customer care
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more
- Wide range of shifts available: both daytime and evening
- Holiday pay
- Workplace pension scheme
- Contributory Healthcare Scheme
- Progression, training & development opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
- On-site parking available
- Discounted food and drinks on site whilst working
- Previous experience in events is not essential as full training will be provided
- Must be over 18 years old
- Level 2 Spectator Safety qualification not essential, but must be willing to complete the fully funded training once on board
- Excellent communication skills and customer focused
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps. Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.