Team Manager Resources
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £40,400 to £50,600 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: req3461
- Posted November, 13, 2023 12:02 PM
Team Manager Resources Location: Edinburgh Salary: £40.4k - £50.6k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications) Reference: REQ3461 Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great...
Team Manager Resources
Salary: £40.4k - £50.6k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
An opportunity has arisen for the post of Team Manager (Resources) in Sc East Region Depot, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Supporting the engineering manager with finance and project related activities
- Lead and implement of general innovation and find relative cost savings within the region
- Supporting the engineering Manager by ensuring resource data for the depot is current and accurate
- Assisting in the management of the depot records control function, ensuring all functions and processes are adhered to and developed
- Coordination of all material requirements for project work across all depot workstreams, including contractual compliance
- Manage any 3rd party plant and equipment, ensure compliance with PUWER and LOLER
- Coordination of ad-hoc projects that arise and impact on operations i.e (incident) management resources
- Support of new recruits, ensure all the relevant permissions and accounts are created and maintained
- Manage and support the engineering manager and regional manager with monitoring general fatigue and occupational health
- Schedule annual maintenance, meetings and briefings to ensure compliance with PUWER, LOLER and HSE requirements
- Due to the nature of the role you may also be required to participate in a depot standby rota for which appropriate additional payments will be made
What you’ll need
- Effectively manage a team in a depot environment, therefore some depot-based experience, as well as some supervisory experience, would be an advantage.
- Highly motivated with a flexible and positive approach to work.
- Committed to safety; have excellent organisations and problem-solving skills and be able to act on your own initiative to minimise or prevent anticipated problems.
- Effective communicator at all levels, within and beyond your own team.
- You will have excellent IT skills and be competent in Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel and have experience of BORIS & Maximo.
A full driving license is essential as you may be expected to travel to other locations as part of your role and you must be prepared to work out with normal working hours.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What we do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.