Controls Engineer - BESS Rentals
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: JR11084
- Posted November, 13, 2023 3:46 PM
We're the global leader in providing energy solutions that help businesses grow and communities thrive. We work as a team and we’re proud of the difference we make to customers, to local communities, and towards...
We're the global leader in providing energy solutions that help businesses grow and communities thrive.
We work as a team and we’re proud of the difference we make to customers, to local communities, and towards a sustainable future for the world.
We’re looking for a Controls Engineer to be based in our Dumbarton depot on a relaxed hybrid working model.
Why Aggreko? Here are some of the perks and rewards.
- A competitive salary and benefits package (including but not limited to pension plan, bonus scheme, and Life Assurance)
- Hybrid working
- Generous holiday entitlement, with option to ‘buy’ or ‘sell‘
- A focus on continued personal development
- Discounts & perks
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid time off work for volunteering in the community
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which helps promote and support a healthy lifestyle
What you’ll do:
- Design, provisioning, bespoke programming for new sites (when new applications are required)
- Support sales, advising on controls solution for complex tenders
- Support due diligence of new control systems to be introduced, including the comparison between solutions available in the market
- Define & support the testing and validation of bespoke controls for energy storage systems
- Define and build controls architecture for energy storage and hybrid applications
- Document applications and its required controls
- Support FAT for new BESS and hybrids products
- Point of escalation for site issues; assessment of infant care issues
- Assist with Commissioning/SAT of complex projects
- Understand the standards for different regions, creating document templates for processes
- Train less experienced personnel and other trainers
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Electrical or Electronic or Controls Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- CODESYS programming capability
- At least 3 years of experience with controls development, testing, simulation, and applications in the rentals space
- At least 3 years of experience with Energy Storage Systems, Renewables, and Hybrids, including product testing and terminologies
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills - communicates clearly and effectively with all levels of stakeholders (internal and external)
- A track record of motivating, inspiring and supporting individuals to be their best and grow
Find out more and apply now.
Bring your energy. Grow your career.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and cultures, and respect people’s unique skills, attitudes and experiences. We encourage everyone to be themselves at work because we know that’s how we do our best, for each other, for our customers, for the communities where we work, and for our careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.