Actuarial Manager - Baselining
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £82,539 to £91,710 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 103245
- Posted November, 13, 2023 7:03 PM
End Date Friday 17 November 2023 Salary Range £82,539 - £91,710 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Flexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid...
End DateFriday 17 November 2023
Salary Range£82,539 - £91,710
Agile Working OptionsFlexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid Working, Job Share, Reduced Hours
Job Description Summary.
JOB TITLE: Actuarial Manager - Baselining
SALARY: £82,539 - £91,710
LOCATION(S): Edinburgh or Bristol
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in Edinburgh or Bristol
About this opportunity
This role provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced and technical actuary to join a newly formed specialist team, carrying out baselining activity on our actuarial models. Baselining is a key part of our control framework, providing assurance on the metrics used within our IFRS and Solvency II regulatory reporting results.
Day to day you’ll be;
- Using your in depth knowledge of actuarial modelling to build independent versions of the valuation models and data transformations.
- Investigating differences to our production results and using your actuarial judgment to determine the most appropriate follow-up actions
- Collaborating with a network of colleagues across the business to understand the necessary products, systems and models
- Communicating the results of baselining exercises, ensuring that issues are appropriately recorded and appropriate follow up actions are being taken
By joining a new team, you'll also be playing a key role in influencing processes and ways of working, exploring new technologies to find ways to optimise the baselining exercises.
You'll work together with others in the team to not only deliver on the core validation activity, but improve the wider control framework by sharing your knowledge and improving the quality of documentation.
We’re on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we’re shaping finance for good. We’re focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.
What you’ll need
- A strong background in actuarial modelling techniques and applications (ideally with experience of Prophet)
- An understanding of a wide range of life insurance and pension products
- Knowledge of the concepts and requirements of IFRS17 and Solvency II reporting
- Familiarity with the end-to-end journey of data from entry into administration system to the production of reported results.
- An interest in the use of new technologies and optimising ways of working
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Comfortable managing plans and working to agreed timescales
- A natural problem solver, with a drive to overcome challenging situations
- A team player, willing to collaborate with others to deliver results
- Curious in nature, and not afraid to ask questions to deepen your understanding.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.