Senior Communications Business Partner
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £71,825 to £84,500 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 104132
- Posted November, 13, 2023 7:03 PM
End Date Sunday 26 November 2023 Salary Range £71,825 - £84,500 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Hybrid Working Job Description Summary Would you...
End DateSunday 26 November 2023
Salary Range£71,825 - £84,500
Agile Working OptionsHybrid Working
Job Description SummaryWould you like to help us find, and tell, some of the best stories in Lloyds Banking Group?
- JOB TITLE: Senior Communications Business Partner
- SALARY: £71,825 - £84,500
- LOCATION(S): Edinburgh
- HOURS: Full Time
- WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
Would you like to help us find, and tell, some of the best stories in Lloyds Banking Group?
This is a fantastic opportunity to take your place as a Senior Communications Business Partner in our Group Corporate Affairs (GCA) team.
You’ll be providing the strategic counsel and internal and external communications support for our fast-growing Insurance, Pensions & Investments (IP&I) business unit, which includes Scottish Widows, as we work to deepen relationships with customers and support them to become more financially resilient.
And you’ll get to work closely with our in-house teams responsible for colleague communications, media relations, public affairs and social and digital media.
Strong experience in a previous corporate communications role is essential, and knowledge and experience of financial services would be useful.
What you’ll be doing
- Play a leading role in helping craft the internal communications strategy for IP&I, supporting colleague engagement and culture change objectives.
- Work in partnership with internal teams, often leading matrix teams or squads, to coordinate the end-to-end delivery of creative and engaging campaigns.
- Lead relationships with in-business communicators, developing their skills and capabilities and collaborating to maximise impact and minimise volume of communications for our audiences.
- Explore innovative and creative ways to share the stories internally and externally that showcase the important role IP&I is playing in the transformation of Lloyds Banking Group.
- Provide informed, professional and strategic counsel on issues that affect reputation, anticipating complex issues, challenges and opportunities and support the overall communications strategies.
- Work alongside our external communications specialists (media, social and public affairs) on key campaigns and drumbeat activity.
What we need from you!
- Strong stakeholder management and partnering skills, able to build and maintain a network of contacts and business experts.
- First class writing and editorial skills, with a real eye for detail.
- Be cool, calm and collected under pressure, able to make decisions quickly and work across multiple, fast paced projects.
- Commercial knowledge and experience of delivering communications activities that drive positive customer and business outcomes.
- A creative outlook and ability to solve problems whilst balancing reputational risk.
- An in-depth understanding of what great looks like when it comes to communications with the ability to understand our audiences, developing timely, relevant and impactful content across a range of channels.
- A great teammate who can work with and lead expert teams within GCA, in-business communicators and external partners to deliver impactful communications.
- A passion to embrace and inspire change and continuous improvement as well as a willingness to be bold and bring ideas and experiment – at pace!
- A coach/mentor who focuses on their own development and proactively develops other communicators.
- Uses measurement and feedback to understand the impact of communication and use the findings to test, learn and adapt and craft future strategies.
- Challenge constructively, driving real purpose to communicate and helping to reduce the noise.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 Days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.