Support Service Technician
- From £11.56 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/1159297/117581
- Posted November, 14, 2023 6:35 AM
Job Introduction We currently have an opportunity for a Support Service Technician (Workplace Porter) at Scottish Parliament, Holyrood, Edinburgh.? In this role you will provide a comprehensive portering service within the premises for parliamentary staff,...
We currently have an opportunity for a Support Service Technician (Workplace Porter) at Scottish Parliament, Holyrood, Edinburgh. In this role you will provide a comprehensive portering service within the premises for parliamentary staff, MSPs, their staff, journalists, guests and visitors to the Scottish Parliament.
Join Sodexo and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.
- Move and set up furniture, television/audio-visual equipment, and IT equipment used within the Premises as directed.
- Deliver bulky items and or packages of 11kgs and above, across the Premises in addition to other required destinations.
- Carry out daily checks and respond to minor problems involving static IT equipment installed within some of the meeting rooms.
- Be the first point of contact for minor problems with equipment or replacement of office consumables for equipment such as multi-function devices printers and fax machines. This shall include the replacement of toner cartridges, replenishing of paper and clearing of paper jams etc. but not involving mechanical or electrical failures with the equipment.
- Rearrange furniture and equipment within meeting rooms, committee rooms and other areas of the Premises for events and business throughout the year.
- Build and dismantle office furniture and assist with its relocation as instructed by the SPCB.
- Facilitate the movement of goods to and from the Premises using the client owned and insured vehicle
- Responsible for routine maintenance and safety checks (maintenance and monitoring of fluid levels, tyres, lights etc) of the SPCB van to ensure it is maintained and kept in working order.
- Flag flying – this involves the raising and lowering of flags for events etc throughout the year.
- Help with the setting up of events and exhibitions
- Moving of art work – there may be occasions when some of the art work throughout the Premises requires to be moved. This would be done only under the supervision of the Parliament’s art curator or specialist contractor.
- Moving of key equipment, documents or other such items damaged or at risk of damage from an On-site incident such as flood or fire.
- Escort visitors/contractors around the Premises
- Conduct inventories/surveys of storerooms and FM equipment
- Collect mail bags from St Andrews House, Scottish Government building in Edinburgh, and deliver to the mail room at the Premises.
- Load and unload vehicles at the loading bay of Holyrood. This includes but is not limited to; the SPCB van, contractor vehicles, general deliveries, equipment for events and exhibitions.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential
- The ability to assemble and disassemble the equipment is essential.
- Must be physically capable of completing all tasks within possible realms of reasonable adjustment being made where necessary
- Ability to be able to work additional hours as requested to meet the business demands, including evenings and weekends
What we offer:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
Flexible and dynamic work environment
Access to ongoing training and development programs
Countless opportunities to grow within the company
Full training and full protective uniform supplied
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
- 41.8 hours per week
- 10 Week rolling Rota
- £11.56 per hour
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Immediate startPosted by Abbeyfield BallachulishFrom £11.42 per hourPart Time
Abbeyfield Ballachulish, an award winning Nursing Care Home is looking for a part time Laundry assistant (16-24hrs per week) Cleanliness and Hygiene is a top priority for us and we want to continue to deliver the highest standards day in day out for our clients.
Posted by Ferguson Transport & ShippingFull Time
Due to expanding business needs and continued growth, Ferguson Transport & Shipping are currently recruiting for an Accommodation & Office Manager, based at Kishorn. The successful applicant will be responsible for the smooth running of all welfare and gatehouse facilities.