Christmas Temp Team Member - The Cafe
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 856108
- Posted November, 14, 2023 9:47 AM
About the role It’s our policy to offer new colleagues joining us a minimum of 16 guaranteed hours each week, but if you’d like to work fewer hours (to a minimum of 12) we have...
About the role
It’s our policy to offer new colleagues joining us a minimum of 16 guaranteed hours each week, but if you’d like to work fewer hours (to a minimum of 12) we have opportunities for this too and would still love to hear from you.
The table shows the periods of time in the week we’d like you to be available to work – the availability windows. We will schedule your contracted hours within these times, and you’ll have 3 weeks’ notice of exactly when your shifts will be. We are happy to support flexibility for our colleagues, therefore if the times you’re available to work match closely but not exactly to the times we are advertising, we’d still love to hear from you. Click here to read more.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
It takes lots of different people to run a store and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so exciting.
- Being a colleague in one of our stores means that you will help to serve our shoppers better every day.
- You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team where everyone is welcome.
- Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will be responsible for
- Work in a busy Tesco Cafe giving great service worth recommending.
- Know your menu! Does the food or drink look right?
- Upsell our delicious extras...there's always room for a slice of cake!
- Encourage guests to give online feedback
- Always help to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe & legal
- Once cross-trained, you will be responsible for making our delicious food and great drinks
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Practical work experience in Cafes, Fast Food, Restaurants, Pubs, etc
- Understand great service & be passionate about delivering it
- Warm & engaging personality
- Great at multi-tasking, get a buzz of working in a busy Cafe
- Positive attitude
- Cooking experience helpful, however willingness to learn essential
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to::
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service - 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- Request flexible working from day one
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Access to free wellbeing services with a range of resources to support your mind, body, and life
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided and policies to support you for all of life’s moments, big and small
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here.
With 311 Cafes across the country and counting, our teams work closely to make sure that the customer experience is to the best standard and service; no two days are ever the same! Tesco Cafes are a great place to work, with a genuine family feel - truly a Place to Get On.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco Café where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. In our Cafes, we not only celebrate diversity, but we strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range of applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.