Store Manager - Convenience
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £26,650 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 119449
- Posted November, 14, 2023 3:44 PM
As a Store Manager, your role as ‘shopkeeper’ means you run your own store with an entrepreneurial spirit, with your customers, colleagues and local communities being your number one priority. You’ll lead your team to...
As a Store Manager, your role as ‘shopkeeper’ means you run your own store with an entrepreneurial spirit, with your customers, colleagues and local communities being your number one priority. You’ll lead your team to ensure the store is a great place for people to work and shop!
Reporting to the Area Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team to create a culture where our customer experience is the best in the market, in line with the Morrisons brand. Always challenging and thinking of new ways to serve our customers better.
- Working hard to get the best out of your store’s commercial performance, treating it as if it was your own business, always thinking of new ways to improve your offering
- Leading on all people activities including recruitment, induction, training and development, ensuring you build an inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to deliver great customer service.
- Building and managing relationships, understanding the important role your store plays in supporting the local community.
Our Store Managers typically have prior experience in fast paced, service focused environments such as retail, convenience or the hospitality sector. This isn’t a must have but you’ll definitely need experience in the following.
- A passion for spotting and developing talent.
- Ability to coach, motivate and inspire in order to create a successful team culture.
- Ability to influence, listen and understand other perspectives to inspire and think broadly about new ways of doing things.
- A passion for rolling up your sleeves to support the team in delivering the store objectives.
- High level of resilience and the ability to work through problems.
If you don't meet every single requirement, don't worry. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
How do we say thank you?
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development but we will also offer a competitive salary, and superb benefits package which includes:
- 10% colleague discount at McColl’s & Morrisons Daily stores
- Contributory Pension
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Access to BHSF private healthcare (after 12 months)
- Access to Health & Wellbeing support
As a Store Manager your hours will be driven by the needs of your customers and the business. So early mornings, late nights and weekends are when you will most likely be working. However, flexibility will be required.