Teacher of Home Economics - Lochside Academy
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £31,584 to £47,565 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABC10238
- Posted November, 14, 2023 4:08 PM
Job Purpose: Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of...
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Lochside Academy, Wellington Circle, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Term Time Full Time
An attractive relocation package may be available to the successful candidate if they are required to relocate their primary residence to fulfill this role. Relocation must be within a reasonable commuting distance to the workplace. Currently, the scheme offers a max of £8,000 (inc VAT) paid on a reimbursement basis.
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
job purpose/about the role
To deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute to the professional, corporate life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the SNCT.
Lochside Academy is a school with an increasing roll. We now have several opportunities to come and join our school. Please see the link below to find out more about us. https://youtu.be/glM63vVoquU
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Appropriate teaching qualification
- Full GTC (Scotland) registration in the appropriate subject/sector, or be eligible for such registration
- PVG scheme membership – Working with Children
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
· manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning.
· assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
· prepare pupils for examinations and where required, assist with their administration.
· contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school
· develop the school curriculum
· contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes.
· maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers.
· work in partnership with parents, other professional, agencies and other schools
· meet and maintain the professional standards which are set by GTCS Code of Conduct and participate in the Scheme of Professional Update in accordance with the requirements set by GTCS
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs