Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £16.31 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABC10013
- Posted November, 14, 2023 4:08 PM
Job Purpose: Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of...
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Kittybrewster Complex, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
Paste job purpose/about the role
The Post holder will be responsible to achieve continuous improvements in delivery of service and performance of staff, to demonstrate a record of maximising resources and enhancing the quality ethos to ensure efficient and best value. To be a interpersonal and team leadership skills, Have the ability to work under pressure to designated timescales and be able to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively with a range of audiences. To have a effective influence and negotiating skills and to further develop the existing and new technicians.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Be time served with a qualification in vehicle or plant maintenance (city guilds) or equivalent qualification
- Extensive knowledge of working with a Fleet Management system.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- To cover on-call rota when necessary
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrate experience of working in a supervisory capacity
- Proven experience of administration and organisational skills
- Proven experience of having established and maintained successful, complex internal and external relationships across a variety forum
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively with a range of audiences
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs