Military Families Welfare Clerk
- From £10.42 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/1300019/117672
- Posted November, 15, 2023 6:35 AM
Job Introduction We have a vacancy at Sodexo for a Military Families Welfare Clerk at Merville Barracks in Colchester. The welfare administrative assistant must provide support as part of the welfare team for all the...
We have a vacancy at Sodexo for a Military Families Welfare Clerk at Merville Barracks in Colchester. The welfare administrative assistant must provide support as part of the welfare team for all the unit personnel and their families, to help them through any welfare issues, be it medical, financial, emotional or practical. They must also give guidance to the individuals and their families on their posting, housing, schooling and contribute to the smooth running of the Unit Welfare Office You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain current and accurate records of Service Family Accommodation (SFA) addresses in use by the unit.
- Prepare a monthly correlation of the list for distribution.
- Copy and distribute address list for key unit personnel and other interested parties.
- Liaise with the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO
- Attend Married Quarter Move In’s/Outs as the Unit representative.
- Arbitrate at Move In/Out on cleanliness or other relevant issues.
- Advise new family on any local issues which may concern them.
- Assist with application of Dependents Passes.
- Advise family on registration with medical practitioner & local dentist.
- Advise family on local educational facilities
- Assist with the coffee mornings and family activities for operational and overseas tour personnel.
- Attend out of hour’s interviews and activities with Unit Welfare Officer (UWO).
- Advise unit personnel on the movement of their families on posting.
- Advise families on e-1132 Applications for SFA at their next assignment location.
- Assist with the completion of removal/storage of the families effects.
- Advise unit personnel on cleanliness and other issues.
- Answer and reply to emails from families and dependants enquiring on relevant welfare matters.
- Compile families newsletter and help distribute monthly.
- Maintain the units social media feeds (Facebook and Linktree) providing relevant and general welfare and housing matters and updates.
- Act as initial contact for all unit welfare matters in the UWO’s absence.
- Maintain confidentiality on all welfare matters at all times.
- Accompany the UWO on welfare visits to families in crisis.
- Deal with distressed unit personnel, wives or families in a sympathetic but professional manner.
- Maintain a polite and approachable manner at all times when dealing with the units families, dependants and outside agencies.
- Prepare and distribute welfare letters as and when required.
- Prepare monthly statement on personal welfare state for the Commanding Officer.
- Assist with any other relevant paperwork required to aid the UWO.
- Answer all telephone calls promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Collect post from the Army Welfare Service on a regular basis.
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards.
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To care for all available resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer and client organisation
- To maintain all areas of responsibility to the set service standards and in line with applicable service offer
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instruction as directed by management
What you bring:
- Excellent team ethos and superb inter-communication skills, you'll be a key people person on site.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm under pressure
- Previous experience in a similar role is a bonus! But if you feel you can adapt to new roles quickly and have computer skills, then we would still love to hear from you!
- Desire to grow and progress your career if you are interested
- a desire to grow into a HR role
What we offer:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we also offer a range of resources, rewards and benefits for our colleagues and their families:
- Unlimited access to an online platform offering mental health and wellbeing support.
- Employee Assistance Programme to help with everyday issues or larger problems where you may need additional support, including legal and financial advice, support with work related issues or personal issues such as bereavement.
- Access to a free health and wellbeing app that provides rewards for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and includes access to a 24hr virtual GP and various other services.
- The Sodexo Discounts Scheme, offering great deals 24/7 (also open to friends and family) and/or the prepayment cashback card.
- Money Insights and financial benefits via the Salary Finance Platform.
- Save for your future by becoming a member of the Sodexo Retirement Plan
- A death in Service benefit for colleagues who pass away whilst employed by Sodexo
- Opportunities to enable colleagues to grow and succeed throughout their career at Sodexo, including apprenticeships and a variety of learning and development tools.
- Cycle to Work Scheme to help colleagues to do their bit for the environment whilst keeping fit.
- Volunteering Opportunities to enable all colleagues to help support worthwhile causes in our communities.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full training and full protective uniform supplied
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
Interviews to be held on the 28th November 2023
Please note this role will be working in the Welfare Centre off-site and also within the Unit HQ
- 37 hours per week
- Mon-Thu: 08:00-16:30 Fri: 08:00-13:00 (some flexibility)
- £10.42 per hour
- Free onsite parking
Check your local transport links here: - the destination you should input is Colchester
About the Company
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer. We are a forces friendly employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We’re a ‘ban the box’ employer, which means we don’t ask people to disclose their convictions unless the role needs a security check.
We recognise the potential of people with convictions in the job market. Helping those with a criminal history securing employment is not only critically important for the individuals themselves but can also be hugely beneficial for wider society. Offering second chances can be an effective investment in local communities and a great solution for local skills and labour market needs.
Click to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Posted by Ferguson Transport & ShippingFull Time
Due to expanding business needs and continued growth, Ferguson Transport & Shipping are currently recruiting for an Accommodation & Office Manager, based at Kishorn. The successful applicant will be responsible for the smooth running of all welfare and gatehouse facilities.