Transport Manager - Fixed term - 1 year (10745)
- From £42,000 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 10745
- Posted November, 15, 2023 12:00 AM
Transport Manager - Fixed term - 1 year Menzies Distribution has an excellent opportunity for a Transport Manager to join our team based in Inverness. This appointment will see you joining our transport team and...
Transport Manager - Fixed term - 1 year
Menzies Distribution has an excellent opportunity for a Transport Manager to join our team based in Inverness.
This appointment will see you joining our transport team and working closely with our operational leadership, drivers and quality assurance team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of our busy Inverness operation. You will have oversight of our in & out of scope vehicles, trailers & MHE. It will be your responsibility to ensure ‘our kit’ is compliant with legislation, vehicle maintenance schedules are regularly audited, and our drivers are expertly managed.
- Shift Pattern / Days: Monday - Friday 45hr week
- Salary: £42,000pa
- Location: Inverness
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assume full responsibility for managing end-to-end transport requirements for Inverness
- Maximise the performance of the operation and act as a point of contact for our customers whilst identifying potential opportunities
- Proactive management of health and safety ensuring employee wellbeing in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Manage and maintain the Transport Fleet ensuring that the all associated operations are compliant and meet legal requirements.
- Oversee and coordination the planning of routes and schedules, ensuring collections and deliveries reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all drivers report and record vehicle defects.
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive forward continuous improvement initiatives and foster an environment of enhanced productivity.
- Continue to review proposed and forthcoming changes to legislation and best practice.
- Manage budget, KPI performance targets and identifying opportunities to deliver change initiatives to improve performance and maximize profitability
- Effectively manage time sensitive deliveries and collections of products meeting critical schedules.
- Provide incident support relating to operational system failures, investigate, address and communicate updates in order to deliver the required standards and minimise impact on MDS's reputation
WHAT YOU NEED
- Proven Transport Manager with experience of managing people and Customers
- Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Professional and efficient approach to challenging situations
- Experience of successful people management
- Detailed understanding of relevant legislation in transport and health & safety
- Ability to prioritise, manage a varied workload and support decisions making
- Confidence in your own convictions
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- SPIRIT Awards - Peer to Peer recognition
Menzies Distribution is committed to creating a fair and inclusive environment, where employees feel safe, proud and valued. We seek to recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work, and encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best, they can be, which is what makes us strong as a business with an increasingly agile workforce.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.