Team Leader - The Cafe
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 856412
- Posted November, 15, 2023 2:13 PM
About the role CAFE TEAM LEADER Being a Team Leader in our Cafes is all about creating a rewarding work environment by given the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s day, every day. Never...
About the role
CAFE TEAM LEADER
Being a Team Leader in our Cafes is all about creating a rewarding work environment by given the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s day, every day.
Never a late night, you can finally have a career in hospitality with the work-life balance you were looking for! Because our business is growing, we can offer you job security and the opportunity to develop your career alongside us.
If you’re looking for a career in hospitality where you can make a difference by delivering phenomenal standards and store growth and are passionate about creating an exceptional workplace for all your team, this is the role for you!
You will be responsible for
- Motivating, supporting, and developing your cafe team to deliver exceptional customer service
- Supporting your General Manager and deputising when needed
- Coaching your cafe team to smash weekly targets
- Striving to always do better for your guests
- Knowing your Cafe Menu - being prepared to check and challenge all food and drink
- Upselling the delicious menu extras and driving your team to do the same
- Encouraging your guests to provide their valued feedback
- Helping your team to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe and legally compliant
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Some practical work experience in Cafes, Fast Food, Restaurants, Pubs etc
- Experience leading or coaching a small team
- To be warm and engaging both with your team and your customers
- To have a positive attitude with a passion for customer service
- To be someone who thrives in a branded business, with set menus, food specs, etc.
- The ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- To be an excellent communicator
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to::
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service - 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- Request flexible working from day one
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Access to free wellbeing services with a range of resources to support your mind, body, and life
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided and policies to support you for all of life’s moments, big and small
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here.
With 311 Cafes across the country and counting, our teams work closely to make sure that the customer experience is to the best standard and service; no two days are ever the same! Tesco Cafes are a great place to work, with a genuine family feel - truly a Place to Get On.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco Café where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. In our Cafes, we not only celebrate diversity, but we strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range of applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.