Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £36,864 to £41,847 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABC10171
- Posted November, 15, 2023 4:03 PM
Job Purpose: Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of...
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Mastrick Social Work Office, Greenfern Road, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
job purpose/about the role
Provide a high quality social work service within a social work unit or team to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines. Be accountable for work undertaken with children and families, which includes assessing needs, planning and delivering focused interventions to
safeguard children and developing plans to promote positive outcomes.
We are recruiting a social work post that is situated within one of our Children in Need Teams based at Mastrick Social Work Office. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to gain and further build on experience of working with children, young people and their families who are experiencing a range of challenges. We work within a wide range of legislative and policy requirements that support us to identify safety within families that allow children and young people to remain within their family network where it is safe for them to do so. The successful applicant will experience a strong culture of mentoring and support within an environment where learning opportunities are available and encouraged. We have an established learning and development programme within the service and there is access to partnership wide training and development. We are strongly focused on staff wellbeing and ensure that reflective supervision, clear practice guidance and strong team ethos mean that our staff feel able to deliver good, evidence based and values driven social work practice.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
BA Social Work qualification or equivalent DipSW, CQSW
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
- Legal frameworks and the Local Authority’s statutory responsibilities relevant to the service area.
- National and local practice, policy, procedure and legislation relevant to the post
- Childcare legislation, statutory guidance and Child Protection Procedures
- Statutory frameworks and guidance for children’s social work
- Child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors.
- The roles and responsibilities of key agencies including their statutory responsibilities
- A range of systemic interventions and methodologies and commitment to use systemic approaches.
- Social work with families whilst minimising the impact of conflict.
- Issues relating to equal opportunities and communities from different racial, economic, social and cultural backgrounds.
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs