Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 193590
- Posted November, 15, 2023 5:50 PM
Mowi Feed is the feed manufacturing division within Mowi, the Global leader in salmon farming, processing and marketing. Having entered production in June 2014, Mowi Feed has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of...
Mowi Feed is the feed manufacturing division within Mowi, the Global leader in salmon farming, processing and marketing. Having entered production in June 2014, Mowi Feed has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Mowi Farming in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and sustainable salmon.
Currently operating from its factories in Kyleakin, Isle of Skye in Scotland and in Valsneset in the Trøndelag Region of Norway, Mowi Feed has an annual production volume in the order of 500,000 tonnes per year. We manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Norway.
The Role – Quality Technician
Mowi Feed is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Quality Assurance and Food Safety Team and add value to our fish feed business. This role favours someone who will thrive in a dynamic work environment, enjoys working with testing and analysis, and loves seeking out continuous improvement.
The role holder will have the primary responsibility for onsite testing and analysis, and will become the site expert on testing, methodologies, LIMS, NIR and analysis at external labs. The successful candidate will provide support to the Operations Department on raw material & feed analysis, as well as being the QA lead for QA Hold inspection.
Qualification / Skills
- Higher degree level education, ideally within a science-based area. Consideration will be given to those who can demonstrate transferable competences, skills and experience achieved through a different route, for example, experience in a similar role.
- A systematic worker, with strong attention to detail and fact-based decision making.
- Team worker with developed influencing skills and confidence in leading on an area of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, which require fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- A self-starting individual, with an ability to work at all levels within a company and within a given timeline.
- Strong ability to multi-task in an organised and tidy manner.
- Experienced & confident IT user, including proficiency with MS Office and bespoke IT systems (training will be provided on Mowi’s own systems).
- The post holder also requires to demonstrate:
- a proactive and flexible approach to the role, and a commitment to continuous improvement,
- an ability to handle unexpected challenges,
- an ability to work independently and/or as part of a team,
- the right attitude and a mindset supporting our vision and values,
- an entrepreneurial spirit to further improve working methods and tools.
- Previous experience in feed or food manufacturing, or a related business is preferred, and laboratory experience would also be an advantage.
Mowi Feed offers:
- A competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension plan.
- A great place to work with colleagues who are passionate about what they do.
- An Informal and diverse working environment with international contact.
- Challenging work tasks and continuous development.
- Excellent career opportunities, both locally and internationally, within the company
The place of work will be the Mowi Fish Feed Plant at Kyleakin on the Isle of Skye and the position will report to the Quality & Food Safety Manager.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Featured Immediate startPosted by G & A Barnie Group LtdFull Time
Long-term rewarding career opportunities for enthusiastic individuals to develop their career within the Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing Industry sectors. G&A Barnie Group Ltd have a long history of training and developing employees, with some starting as apprentices and progressing to become branch managers.
Featured Immediate startPosted by Highlands and Islands Enterprise£50,061 to £61,539 per annumFull Time
Are you a legal practitioner with experience in corporate or commercial law looking for a rewarding role within the public sector? Are you proactive and have a solution focused approach? Join our Legal Services team and bring fresh thinking to HIE’s work on legal and compliance issues. This is a full time, permanent role ideally based in Inverness.
Featured PopularPosted by Highlands and Islands Enterprise£34,264 to £39,899 per annumFull Time
We're looking for an experienced, proactive, and ambitious Development Manager to join our Innse Gall area team, supporting a range of communities, community organisations, social enterprises and businesses. This is a full time, permanent role based in Benbecula, with the option of hybrid working.