Teacher of ASN - Bell's Brae Primary School
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £20.74 to £30.46 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC06921
- Posted November, 16, 2023 10:07 AM
Advertisement Details Are you passionate about teaching, learning and inclusion with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of our children and young people in the Shetland Islands? An...
Are you passionate about teaching, learning and inclusion with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of our children and young people in the Shetland Islands?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of ASN to join our team at the Bell's Brae Primary School.
Our beautiful location offers great opportunities for learning and we benefit from an excellently resourced school, at the heart of a caring, supportive community.
Bell's Brae Primary School is a non-denominational school located in central Lerwick. It consists of a Primary, an Early Learning and Childcare Setting and an ASN department. The school catchment area is from Frakkafield encompassing the majority of Lerwick, excluding Sound. There is currently a total of 345 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by Julia McGinlay, Acting Head Teacher and 3 Depute Head Teachers. The current staffing complement is 30 teachers assisted by support staff, as required, to meet school demands. Further information can be found on the school’s website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/bellsbraeprimary/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.5447 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Bell's Brae Primary School, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Julia McGinlay, Acting Head Teacher on 01595 743720 or e-mail Julia.McGinlay@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here