Principal Teacher - Flexible Pathways (Fraserburgh Academy)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £53,997 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABS38092
- Posted November, 16, 2023 1:40 PM
Job Description This is an exciting new role within Fraserburgh Academy which builds on the innovative practice over the last few years to better support our learners. Fraserburgh Academy aims to continually improve outcomes for...
This is an exciting new role within Fraserburgh Academy which builds on the innovative practice over the last few years to better support our learners. Fraserburgh Academy aims to continually improve outcomes for all young people – our motto, “Together Creating Positive Futures” exemplifies this aim.
We wish to employ a dedicated Principal Teacher of Flexible Pathways who would have the responsibility of coordinating the learning of identified young people and facilitating the optimum learning environment in which they learn.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced teacher who can communicate with learners, colleagues and parents with the aim of improving outcomes for young people.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
Please note that the grade for this position may be subject to change. Promoted Teaching Posts that meet the criteria will be resized on an annual basis, in line with the SNCT Handbook. Any grade change will be effective from 1st August each year.
For more information visit http://jobs.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/teaching/secondary-teaching/
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Fixed Term for a period not exceeding 31 December 2024
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquiries to Pamela Whyte, tel: 01346 417400.
A Privacy Notice giving you information on the data we hold on you, what we do with that data, who we share your data with and your rights under GDPR is available here. Alternatively, we can send a copy if you ask us to by emailing email@example.com.
The post holder will report directly to our Principal Teacher of Additional Support for Learning and have direct responsibility for
- Creating and managing bespoke pathways for identified learners who, for a variety of reasons, are not on target at the beginning of S4 to attain their full potential and gain one or more award. The post holder will organise and coordinate timetables for these learners, utilising Fraserburgh Academy staff mainly in the already existing Compass Centre, our off-site provision. There will be a specific focus on the attainment of literacy and numeracy awards, as well as those from other curriculum areas.
- The Coordination of the Compass Centre, our off-site centre for learners who, for a range of reasons are not able to access learning in the main campus.
- The coordination of mainstream and subject withdrawals, our alterative to exclusion programme
- This post directly relates to the specific stretch aims C, Leavers achieving 1 or more at SCQF level 5, set out by Aberdeenshire Council to close the attainment gap between SIMD quintiles 1 and 5, a gap of 5.6 pp. As the schools in Quintile 1 are accounted for in only 2 areas in Aberdeenshire, one being Fraserburgh, the attainment gap will be closed by ensuring significant improvement in those two areas.