Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £11.58 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/1113012/117822
- Posted November, 17, 2023 6:35 AM
Job Introduction As a Retail Supervisor at Sodexo in Royal Stoke University Hospital, Newcastle-Under-Lyme , you will oversee our retail operations, support the activities of the retail team, and give our patients, visitors, and staff...
As a Retail Supervisor at Sodexo in Royal Stoke University Hospital, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, you will oversee our retail operations, support the activities of the retail team, and give our patients, visitors, and staff outstanding customer service. Your daily encounters with many of these people can help lessen some of the stress that is often associated with hospitalisation. Join Sodexo and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain adequate supplies and products and ensure point of purchase is well-stocked and capable of meeting customer demand.
- Ensure opening and closing operations are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Operate a cash register (or equivalent), receiving payments and providing customer service
- Maintain proper security of cash and understand and follow Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures
What you’ll bring:
- Highly professional manner and understanding that honesty and ethics are essential
- Cheerful outlook and ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect
- Ability to use a computer
- Basic math skills including the ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, count, and reconcile cash drawers/banks, and post to records
- Basic Food Hygiene and Health & Safety certificate, or equivalent is desirable, however we still want to hear from you even if you do not have this qualification but do have a willingness to learn and a great attitude
What we offer:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we also offer a range of resources, rewards and benefits for our colleagues and their families:
- Unlimited access to an online platform offering mental health and wellbeing support.
- Employee Assistance Programme to help with everyday issues or larger problems where you may need additional support, including legal and financial advice, support with work related issues or personal issues such as bereavement.
- Access to a free health and wellbeing app that provides rewards for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and includes access to a 24hr virtual GP and various other services.
- The Sodexo Discounts Scheme, offering great deals 24/7 (also open to friends and family) and/or the prepayment cashback card.
- Money Insights and financial benefits via the Salary Finance Platform.
- Save for your future by becoming a member of the Sodexo Retirement Plan
- A death in Service benefit for colleagues who pass away whilst employed by Sodexo
- Opportunities to enable colleagues to grow and succeed throughout their career at Sodexo, and a variety of learning and development tools.
- Cycle to Work Scheme to help colleagues to do their bit for the environment whilst keeping fit.
- Volunteering Opportunities to enable all colleagues to help support worthwhile causes in our communities.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full training and full protective uniform supplied
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications
We are looking for a driven Retail Supervisor to join the fantastic team at Royal Stoke Hospital.
- 37.5 hours
- Working: 5 days over 7
- £11.58 per hour
Check your local transport links here: - The destination you should input is Newcastle Road, ST4 6QG
About the Company
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better every day for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
- We are committed to being an inclusive employer. We are a forces friendly employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
- We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
- We’re a ‘ban the box’ employer, which means we don’t ask people to disclose their convictions unless the role needs a security check.
- We recognise the potential of people with convictions in the job market. Helping those with a criminal history securing employment is not only critically important for the individuals themselves but can also be hugely beneficial for wider society. Offering second chances can be an effective investment in local communities and a great solution for local skills and labour market needs.
Click to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.
PopularPosted by Argyll Resources GroupFull Time
We are seeking an individual to join our team as Transport Coordinator/Administrator in our busy Oban head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the scheduling of work and provide general administrative support across our quarrying, ready-mix concrete, skip and haulage businesses.