Teacher of Mathematics - Sandwick Junior High School
- £34,125 to £50,106 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC06927
- Posted November, 17, 2023 10:01 AM
Advertisement Details Sandwick Junior High School is a non-denominational school in Sandwick which is located in the South Mainland of Shetland. It provides an all year round early years provision as well as an out...
Sandwick Junior High School is a non-denominational school in Sandwick which is located in the South Mainland of Shetland. It provides an all year round early years provision as well as an out of school care provision for Primary aged pupils. The primary school serves the community of Sandwick and surrounding areas. The Secondary department has classes from S1 to S4 and caters for pupils from The South Mainland schools. The feeder primaries are Sandwick, Cunningsburgh and Dunrossness. The school roll is currently around 200 pupils. The school is managed by a Head Teacher, two Depute Head Teachers, a Principal Teacher for Pupil Support, a Principal Teacher for Additional Support Needs and a Manager of Early Learning and Childcare and Out of School Club.
The school has extensive school grounds and these provide wonderful opportunities for outside play and learning. We have active Pupil Councils in the Primary and Secondary departments. We are also very fortunate to have a very supportive, active and engaged Parent and Carer Council.
If you would like to find out more contact the Head Teacher, Andrew Hunter by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum
- Permanent Term Time Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Qualification Requirements: GTCS registered for Mathematics
- Class information: S1 - S4
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sandwick Junior High School, Sandwick , Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Andrew Hunter, Head Teacher on 01595 745320 or e-mail Andrew.Hunter2@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.