Multi-drop Delivery driver (10746)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £25,300 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 10746
- Posted November, 16, 2023 12:00 AM
Multi Drop Van Driver Menzies Distribution are looking for a Delivery Driver to join our team. You’ll be working on behalf of Menzies Distribution Limited and its customers at our Aberdeen site. Providing a first...
Multi Drop Van Driver
Menzies Distribution are looking for a Delivery Driver to join our team. You’ll be working on behalf of Menzies Distribution Limited and its customers at our Aberdeen site. Providing a first class service with our team in Abderdeen, this role is based on a basic 50 hours week working Monday - Friday, with an occasional Saturday shift.
- Monday to Friday Shift Pattern (may be required the occasional Saturday)
- Hours: 50hrs per week - 07.00 - 16.30.
- Monthly Pay
- You will be delivering to commercial and private clients
- On average you will complete around 40-60 drops per day
- You will need a reasonable level of physical fitness as you are required to load your own vans and some of the deliveries are to flats
- The areas of delivery are grouped in postcodes.
- There is not usually more than 1 run, so once you have loaded your van and you're away, you will not return to site untill all drops are completed.
- There are instructions to follow for each delivery and the successful applicant will need to be presentable, patient and have good communication skills.
DELIVERY DRIVER DUTIES
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers products.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Safe manual handling where required
DELIVERY DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
- The applicant must hold a current driving licence with no more that 6 points, no DD or DR offences
- Experience within a multi-drop environment essential
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work.
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- SPIRIT Awards - Peer to Peer recognition
Menzies Distribution is committed to creating a fair and inclusive environment where employees feel safe, proud and valued. We encourage ways of working that treat everyone fairly and with respect, and we look to create opportunities to improve the diversity of our workforce across all areas of the business.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be, and