Associate Director - Climate Transition
- From £15 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 103480
- Posted November, 17, 2023 11:57 AM
End Date Sunday 03 December 2023 Salary Range £0 - £0 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Hybrid Working Job Description Summary See below...
End DateSunday 03 December 2023
Salary Range£0 - £0
Agile Working OptionsHybrid Working
Job Description SummarySee below
JOB TITLE: Associate Director - Climate Transition
LOCATION: Edinburgh, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, or Leeds
HOURS: Full Time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites
About this opportunity
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Associate Director to join our dedicated first-class Sustainability & ESG Financing team (“S&ESG Finance”). We're committed to support and accelerate our own, our colleagues’ and our clients’ transition to a more sustainable economy.
Our team takes a lead in enabling the Bank to deliver on its dedication to reduce carbon exposure from our balance sheet by 50% by 2030, as part of our commitments to the Net Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA) and to provide £15 bn of sustainable finance by 2024. Our approach to engaging clients on assessing the credibility of their transition plans (CTP) is a fundamental, strategic lever in our ability to deliver on our NZBA targets – alongside building out our approach to advance financing for the technologies required to reach net zero through our Net Zero Impact Portfolio (NZIP).
Your accountabilities will include:
- Build out specialist technical capability & capacity in CIB to support the UK’s net zero transition, delivering on our ambition to reduce CIB financed emissions by 50% by 2030.
- Address increasing demand from our clients for our technical expertise in climate transition and sustainability strategic advisory, in formulating credible transition plans.
- Identify, assess and support delivery on Net Zero Origination, advancing our financing in the technologies required for reaching net zero, engaging ESG Risk, Coverage & Product teams and continuing to build out our Net Zero Impact Portfolio.
- Support CIB sector coverage teams in setting Net Zero Banking Alliance targets and ensure delivery of targets by defining & implementing sector transition strategies through a Just Transition Lens.
- Promote and broaden our ESG technical capability, in delivering thought leadership on the emerging strategic sustainability challenges and opportunities facing our clients.
- Deliver effective governance capability having confidence to challenge constructively and work with any local regulators in an open and collaborative manner.
- Support CIB and wider sustainability initiatives within the group to advance our sustainability products and propositions.
You'll need to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of cross-sector trends in Sustainability, ESG and Climate Change, and be able to optimally disseminate information to clients and key partners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of transition planning including the trade-offs of initiatives and interventions and understand the various frameworks and data sources related to transition plans e.g. The Transition Plan Taskforce, Transition Pathway Initiative, Climate Action100 etc.
- Undertake strategic, comprehensive research on borrowers, markets and lenders, effectively drawing upon market, policy, technology and ESG analytics data and other sources of information to present to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- Knowledge of the ESG reporting landscape for Corporates & Financial Institutions.
- Develop productive and positive relationships with internal partners across the Bank and wider pan-LBG and with external partners including advisory and legal firms, representing LBG at market-leading industry events and with clients as we transform our business.
- Providing thought leadership in the creation of marketing materials, pitch-books and reports, to ensure successful promotion of the bank and the team’s ESG activities both internally and externally to develop an industry leading profile in this area.
- Mentor and stretch the development of others in the team.
Why Lloyds Banking Group?
From building a truly sustainable business to creating a place where people love to work, we need colleagues who are up for the challenge of our bold ambitions. Who are excited to push boundaries and make change happen. Together, we can grow with purpose.
What we need from you?
- Track record of technical and strategic capability across ESG, climate and sustainability.
- An enthusiasm for delivering a Just Transition in our advancing toward net zero for LBG and our clients with a deep understanding of the trade-offs and consequences if not achieved.
- A desire to support our clients, colleagues, and wider society for a real-economy transition.
- In-depth knowledge of key frameworks and standards in the sustainability sphere, including climate policy, net zero transition technologies and market / scenario analysis.
- Existing external profile in Climate & Sustainability Strategy, with client advisory experience.
About working for us!
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.