- From £44,310 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Chris Harding
- Reference: OM/MM/SMB4/FortKinnairdRP/1711/HD
- Posted November, 18, 2023 7:23 AM
Job Introduction Job Introduction Our Store Managers lead and manage their store to achieve overall store targets and deliver excellent service to our customers through developing a high-performing store team. Store Managers are required to...
Our Store Managers lead and manage their store to achieve overall store targets and deliver excellent service to our customers through developing a high-performing store team.
Store Managers are required to successfully complete the Store Management Induction within the first 6 weeks of starting. This is a comprehensive 6 week programme which is completed via our online learning platform. This means that:
- The training is led by you
- You are supported throughout by your Area Manager and the Training Team
- Your induction is a blended approach with the majority of your learning being completed on the shop floor
On successful completion of your induction you will be enrolled onto your development pathway. This is delivered through workshops, which take place at our National Training Centre, Liverpool, as well as on-the-job personal development back at store. As an example, below are some of your first workshops:
- Emotional Intelligence
- People Confidence
- Mental Health Awareness
Accommodation at our National Training Centre
Accommodation is available onsite while attending training at our National Training Centre.
Rooms are single occupancy and include a double bed, ensuite shower facilities and television.
Communal areas include kitchen and dining facilities as well as a lounge area.
- Deliver a healthy and safe environment for your store colleagues and customers
- Work with your Area Manager to agree and set achievable performance and development goals for your team
- Review and manage store team performance
- Lead and manage recruitment and selection for your store team
- Ensure your team is up-to-date on store ways of working, standards and compliance
- Coach and support your management team to deliver on store priorities while delivering excellent store and compliance standards
- Review and action store colleague development and performance plans
- Conduct regular planning and reviews on store promotions and initiatives with your management team
- Review sales performance and communicate and action store activities to maximise store space to promote our products
- Work with your management team to solve problems that impact on store profitability
- Maintain high merchandising standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced experience of managing large retail teams in a fast-moving retail environment to achieve a high weekly sales target
- Advanced experience of managing a varied range of retail categories
- Demonstrate the following competencies:
- Prioritise and organise work
- Customer focus
- Communicate and motivate others
- Manage and lead teams
- Make commercially astute decisions
- Rapidly problem solve
- Develop talent
Successful applicants will be required to complete a company induction and training programme in a Training Academy store. The induction and training programme will run for up to 4 weeks; travel and accommodation will be provided where required.
For further information regarding the induction programme, please contact the Hiring Manager at the store you are applying to.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Invest: Grow with Us store management training programme
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
MyHB employee benefits platform with access to:
- Retail and leisure discounts plus hundreds more
- Free Financial Advice
- Bank your savings into an ISA
- 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line
- Low cost voluntary insured health plans
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Immediate startPosted by Inverawe Smokehouses£10.50 per hourFull Time
A great chance to earn £££'s before Christmas. We have a number of positions for enthusiastic Warehouse Operatives to pick and pack luxury foods & hampers AND....... Office staff to assist in customer care and order processing.
Posted by Home BargainsFrom £27,693 per annumFull Time
Job Introduction Job Introduction Home Bargains' Team Leaders support their store team to provide an excellent retail experience for our customers and deliver on store performance targets. Team Leaders are required to successfully complete the...