Physiotherapy Technical Instructor
- £27,598 to £30,019 per annum
- Part Time
- Contact: Personnel Department
- Reference: 171138
- Posted November, 17, 2023 12:00 AM
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able...
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Fixed Term 2 Years
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people to join our physiotherapy teams across Argyll and Bute for an initial 2 year fixed contract.
For those with the required knowledge, skills and qualifications the post will be paid at Band 4 (£27,598 - £30,019).
Candidates who meet some of the requirements but not all will be paid at Band 3 (£25,468 – 27,486) initially but with the expectation to quickly develop the required competencies to reach the Band 4 level.
These exiting roles will be at the forefront in delivering clinical rehabilitation services in a variety of community settings and will be part of an exciting Argyll and Bute wide service development aimed at taking rehabilitation services out of the hospital or clinical setting and into the community supporting more people to improve their health and wellbeing utilizing community assets in a proactive and holistic approach
Working with the support of qualified physiotherapy staff, you will play a vital role in delivering clinical rehabilitation to patients with a wide range of clinical conditions in a community setting with minimal day to day supervision.
You will be expected to manage referrals for complex patients utilizing existing rehabilitation plans and pathways and will be able to develop those plans to support individuals to meet their goals and best outcomes.
You will also be responsible for a caseload of non-complex patients who may not have a defined rehabilitation plan utilizing agreed pathways and protocols.
You must have a sound knowledge of rehabilitation and ideally hold a CIMSPA recognized exercise professional qualification to at least level 3 or have significant experience delivering rehabilitation services within a healthcare setting and be willing to work towards the CIMSPA qualifications. Any CIMSPA qualifications required will be fully funded (subject to NHS Highland terms and conditions).
You must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work and an ability to work independently at times is necessary along with excellent communication and team working skills.
An ability to find innovative solutions using all available community resources will be key to success.
Part of the role will be to liaise with similar projects run by Live Argyll being developed to support generic health improvement services utilizing the same community based assets such as leisure and sports facilities and an ability to develop working partnerships with these and other community services will be an important aspect of the role.
As well as being part of the physiotherapy teams in the area you choose to work, you will have access to support and mentoring from Lorn and Oban Healthy Options (LOHO) who are an exemplar service based in Oban who have a large amount of experience in developing and delivering similar services.
Evidence of continuing professional development will be required.
For more information or to discuss this post further please contact Derek Laidler on 01631 788983
What is it like to work for the Health and Social Care Partnership in Argyll and Bute? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Featured PopularPosted by Highlands and Islands Enterprise£34,264 to £39,899 per annumFull Time
We're looking for an experienced, proactive, and ambitious Development Manager to join our Innse Gall area team, supporting a range of communities, community organisations, social enterprises and businesses. This is a full time, permanent role based in Benbecula, with the option of hybrid working.
PopularPosted by Argyll Resources GroupFull Time
We are seeking an individual to join our team as Transport Coordinator/Administrator in our busy Oban head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the scheduling of work and provide general administrative support across our quarrying, ready-mix concrete, skip and haulage businesses.