Senior Pharmacy Technician
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £30,229 to £37,664 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Michelle Ramage
- Reference: 171180
- Posted November, 17, 2023 12:00 AM
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able...
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
SENIOR PHARMACY TECHNICIAN – CLINICAL TECHNICAL SERVICES
We are looking for an experienced Pharmacy Technician seeking the challenge of an expanding and developing clinical role. This post holder will deliver a high quality, effective and efficient patient-focused service, joining our well established, supportive and friendly clinical technical team.
Working with the clinical pharmacy and ward based multidisciplinary teams you will have the responsibility of providing person centred care and will be trained to carry out roles at ward level including technical medicines reconciliation and discharge planning services. You will also contribute towards identifying and resolving medication related issues, working in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
You must be able to maintain, develop and use your own professional judgement and skills for the benefit of patients. You must be able to use your own initiative to provide person centred care and be flexible in your approach to changing service needs alongside being willing to contribute towards training and co-ordinating the workload of pharmacy technicians working in the team.
Applications are welcomed from Pharmacy Technicians who can demonstrate a high level of professional practice and a particular commitment to the specialist areas described above though we welcome transferable skills from other relevant sectors. You must have excellent motivational and problem solving skills and possess the ability to work under pressure.
Hours of work are: 37.5 hours over a 7 day week, contributing to weekend working and public holiday rota.
You must be a registrant of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)* and hold a recognised accuracy checking qualification or be willing to work towards one.
*Applications are welcome from:
- Current Pre-Registration Pharmacy Technicians due to register with the GPhC in 2024.
- Pharmacy Technicians who do not currently meet band 5 essential criteria including a recognised accuracy checking qualification. Successful applicants in this position will undertake a Band 4 Pharmacy Technician career progression programme to support their professional development. On successful completion of the programme and an interview/ assessment the candidate will advance to Band 5.
- Those who wish to work part time. Please contact one of the managers listed in advance of application to discuss
There is opportunity for candidates to visit the department in advance of interview/ discuss via MS Teams for further information. Please contact one of the managers listed to arrange.
Informal enquiries can be made to: Paula Whyte, Specialist Pharmacy Technician ext 32449, or email email@example.com or Stacy McLaren, Lead Pharmacy Technician, clinical technical service ext 40287, NHS Tayside firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed applicants will be contacted by email. Please check your emails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for shortlisting purposes.
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date.
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately.
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Tayside