Store Manager - Leeds City Centre
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 855305
- Posted November, 20, 2023 4:58 PM
About the role Tesco: Contract: Permanent Shift Pattern: Varies from day to day but are planned in advance Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you...
About the role
Shift Pattern: Varies from day to day but are planned in advance
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
• Recruiting and training the best people for your team, ensuring they have the capability to deliver above and beyond in their role by developing their operational and leadership skills.
• Coach your team to be passionate and knowledgeable about the products in your store, building its brand and providing customers with the right range, quality and service to ensure they keep coming back.
• Lead your team in the driving of trade activity, and use your expertise and knowledge to grow sales and maximise profit.
• Lead and build your managers knowledge to deliver and sustain Store Change Plan and resource planned activities ensuring that hours are worked when and where these would most benefit customers, and to identify and resolve root cause issues, with sustainable solutions and continual reviews.
• The safety of your colleagues is your top priority, and you ensure your store is always trading legally by coaching the team to use all security tools available to provide a safer place to work.
You will need
• You are a great communicator who will share knowledge, experience and best practices, you understand the importance of what you do and work collaboratively with your team to deliver results.
• You are natural and welcoming with customers, putting them at the heart of whatever you. You take the time to listen and understand others, building strong relationships with your colleagues and customers.
• You use your energy and resilience to keep momentum going when working in challenging environments. You own the decision making for the store, and can act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for customers and colleagues.
• You have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation. You do the right thing whether everything is going well or times are tough, and know how to consistently be at your best, you inspire confidence in those around you.
•You are aware of what our competitors are doing and you are always looking for ways to build and deliver new initiatives to help improve our store for customers.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Request flexible working from day one
- Get 10% off and 15% at pay day weekends – save up to £1,500 a year with your Colleague Clubcard with an additional card to share with family outside your home
- Access to free wellbeing services with a range of resources to support your mind, body, and life
- Life cover of five times your pay and an award-winning pension with matching contributions up to 7.5%
- Benefits to suit you, choose what you use – from discounts and shares to cycle to work schemes
- Uniform provided and policies to support you for all of life’s moments, big and small
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here.
- Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com