Home Helps - Nordalea Care Services
- £12.87 to £13.02 per hour
- Unspecified Hours
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC06929
- Posted November, 21, 2023 7:32 AM
Advertisement Details The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. The postholder will attend to the practical, social and emotional needs of the service users...
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. The postholder will attend to the practical, social and emotional needs of the service users in their care to enable people to live in the community as independently as possible. Depending on the service, the post holder will be required to support service users in their own homes and/or in residential or supported accommodation, this will include either
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; or
- Adults with mental ill-health
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is D
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3161 per hour
- Permanent Part Time posts for up to 3 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Nordalea Care Services, Unst, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Duncan Johnson, Team Leader, Tel - 01595 745870, Email - Duncan.Johnson@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.