Teacher of Early Learning & Childcare - Lerwick Early Learning & Childcare
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £20.74 to £30.46 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC06934
- Posted November, 21, 2023 7:32 AM
Advertisement Details The main duties of a teacher are outlined in Part 2: Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook. Subject to the policies and practice of the school and Shetland Islands Council, the duties of...
The main duties of a teacher are outlined in Part 2: Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook.
Subject to the policies and practice of the school and Shetland Islands Council, the duties of teachers are to:
- manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning.
- assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches.
- prepare pupils for examinations and where required, assist with their administration.
- contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
- develop the school curriculum.
- contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes.
- maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers.
There is a requirement to be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) and to participate in the Scheme of Professional Update.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Lerwick Early Learning and Childcare is the newly merged setting previously known as Isles Haven ELC and Old Infants Room. This provision is located in the centre of Lerwick. The setting offers term time/year round and extended provision for three to five year olds and eligible two year olds. Lerwick ELC strives to offer the highest quality of Early Learning and Childcare provision through providing a safe and nurturing environment where all children and families are respected, included and supported to thrive. Lerwick ELC is led by Manager, Miss Simonne Keenan.
For further information please contact Simonne Keenan on 01595745398 or email email@example.com
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.5447 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 21.0 Hours per Week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.6
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor of Education/Postgraduate
- Class information: Early Learning & Childcare
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Lerwick Early Learning & Childcare, 44 King Harald Street, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Simonne Keenan, Manager/Lead Practitioner on 01595 745398 or e-mail Simonne.Keenan@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here