Refinery Planner (Product Optimization)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: Reference ID R131868
- Posted November, 21, 2023 8:09 AM
Where you fit Provide the economic steer to enable optimization of production, based on accurate, fit-for-purpose planning and scheduling models. Maximize the integrated margin for the site(s) and across different lines of businesses. What’s the...
Where you fit
Provide the economic steer to enable optimization of production, based on accurate, fit-for-purpose planning and scheduling models. Maximize the integrated margin for the site(s) and across different lines of businesses.
What’s the role?
- Running sensitivities in the linear program (LP – PIMS) to ensure the refinery operation is optimized between monthly operating plan (MOP) cycles.
- Determining break-even pricing and advising Trading and Supply on spot purchase and sale opportunities.
- Completing the annual business plan LP runs, including collection of key process operating constraints, product pricing and volume tier availability, evacuation limitations, to deliver an optimized Y+1 mass balance. Extrapolate into a full 10-year plan, considering planned future outages and material changes that will impact future margins.
- Assisting the Refinery Crude Economist in identifying LP model inaccuracies and general improvements to the Economic Model Coordinator.
- Work may include multiple LP runs including sensitivities and may also include the need to work with the Economic Model Coordinator to modify the LP to adequately assess the project or opportunity.
- Evaluating the economic benefit of recently completed margin-generating opportunities and entering Trackers to enable broader tracking of the margin growth funnel. Close coordination with the Refinery Business Development Lead to ensure timely delivery. Communicating same to the Economic Model Coordinator for inclusion in Margin Variance Analysis (MVA)
- Acting as focal point for Business for the Refinery margin forecasting process (LE – latest estimate), which involves coordination with Finance and central performance analysis teams.
- Serving as key provider of benchmarking data on behalf of Business for external requests, i.e., Solomon.
- Providing vacation coverage and back-up support for the Refinery Crude Economist (whose vacation will generally be scheduled outside of peak workload demands, i.e., MOP) as well as providing vacation coverage for certain duties of the Economic Model Coordinator (EMC).
- Chemical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 4 years in the Oil and Gas industry with at least two years of experience in Economics and Scheduling (operating refinery or petrochemicals plants preferred).
- Well versed with ASPEN TECH Planning Tools (PIMS) with experience in the Aspen Scheduling Tool (APS - optional) is desired.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Advance skill level in MS Excel.
- Understanding of IT technologies, Data Analysis techniques, databases, and reasonable computer programming skills is a plus. Fully versed with MS Office suite of software (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Understanding of refinery unit processes mandatory.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Immediate startPosted by Abbeyfield BallachulishFrom £11.42 per hourPart Time
Abbeyfield Ballachulish, an award winning Nursing Care Home is looking for a part time Laundry assistant (16-24hrs per week) Cleanliness and Hygiene is a top priority for us and we want to continue to deliver the highest standards day in day out for our clients.