- £46,244 to £53,789 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Personnel Department
- Reference: 171274
- Posted November, 20, 2023 12:00 AM
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able...
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic professional to join the Facilities Directorate reporting directly to the Head of Facilities for NHS Highland.
You must have excellent leadership skills with a high level of professionalism and vision, with awareness of National Policy and direction. You will be required to achieve the mandatory Induction standards for Healthcare Support Workers in Scotland and to comply with the Code of Conduct throughout your employment.
You will have overall responsibility for the following departments: - Catering, Portering, Security, Accommodation, Telecoms Staff, Mail Room and the new national Treatment Centre for Highland (NTCH), supporting the provision of quality patient care within a health care acute environment. You will be responsible for the operational, strategic, quality and professional development of all the functions.
Applicants must be trained to degree level or equivalent with extensive managerial experience within an acute hospital setting or similar complex organisation.
A good working knowledge and understanding of all Facilities Service functions and budgetary management with the importance of each in providing quality patient care. While being able to demonstrate a good understanding of the social and political agenda relating to the provision of health care and particularly food and nutrition standards in the care of patients.
You must also be computer literate with a good working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages and Teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly innovative team within a Public Sector Organisation.
Informal enquiries should be directed to:
David Mackay, Head of Facilities, 07739 073285 or email@example.com
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Featured Immediate start Accommodation PopularPosted by Woodlands, GlencoeFull Time
Woodlands Glencoe operates luxury lodges, golf and activities on a stunning estate near Ballachulish village. Based from our central Clubhouse building, you will be the first point of contact for all customers and very important in making their experience with us extra-ordinary!...