Multi Skilled Tradesperson - Electrical Bias
- £30,229 to £37,664 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Personnel Department
- Reference: 171319
- Posted November, 20, 2023 12:00 AM
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able...
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Have you got a trades background and looking for a new career?
At NHS Highland we have a full-time vacancy within our Estates Department for a Multi Skilled Trades Technician covering the Caithness and Sutherland area.
The successful candidate will carry out mechanical, plumbing and electrical maintenance and repair of building services, plant and equipment, which contributes to the provision of excellent patient care.
What we are looking for -
- A fitter background is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
- A current UK driving license is essential.
- Applicants must have served a recognised qualification as detailed in the job description.
- Experience in heating services, boiler plant, pumps and ventilation systems within a health care environment would be advantageous.
- A great team player who is self-motivated and comfortable with remote working.
- A flexible approach to work is essential as variations to the standard working week may be necessary, to provide shift cover, and willing to participate in the 1:6 on-call rota.
What we can offer you -
- Automatic enrolment in the competitive NHS Scotland pension scheme.
- Enhanced rates of pay for evening, weekend and overtime working.
- Training and Development opportunities.
- Generous annual leave entitlement, between 35 and 41 days (inclusive of public holidays) depending on length of service.
- Policies that enhance your work-life balance and shift patterns which include a local arrangement for 4 day working week (within Monday - Friday), working hours 7.30am - 5.30pm, with a long weekend every fortnight. This may be subject to change sometimes to ensure that we are able to provide a high level of service.
Informal enquiries to: Sean Stewart Maintenance Supervisor, Tel: 01955 880274.
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.