- £37,831 to £46,100 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Personnel Department
- Reference: 171297
- Posted November, 20, 2023 12:00 AM
Are you interested in being part of the Caithness Integrated Health and Social Care Team? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who wishes to apply for this Social Work role,...
Are you interested in being part of the Caithness Integrated Health and Social Care Team?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who wishes to apply for this Social Work role, working within the Integrated Team, to provide care and support to adults across Caithness. This post is partially funded by Highland Council Housing Department and therefore primarily focuses on working with Highland Council tenants who require social work interventions. The successful applicant will be expected to work between agencies in a collaborative manner to provide holistic, person centred outcomes for adults.
The successful applicant will support adults with complex needs due to conditions such as learning disabilities, substance misuse, mental health issues, physical illness/disability, acquired brain injury, dementia, or old age.
Duties will include:
• Supporting vulnerable adults and their families and carers.
• Working with clients with a person centred approach.
• Working within relevant legislation including the Adult Support and Protection, Adults with Incapacity and
Mental Health Acts.
• Working with other NHS professionals to provide a multi-disciplinary framework to interventions.
• Assessment and report writing.
• Arranging, with the client’s consent, care packages to meet assessed need.
• Working as part of a multi-disciplinary service which supports adults living within a large remote and rural
geographical area with the potential challenges this can present.
A driving licence is essential, and applicants should have access to their own vehicle for work purposes.
Applicants should be registered with the Scottish Social Services council on the ‘Social worker’ part of the register and hold a qualification that is recognised by the SSSC as being equivalent to the Diploma in social work (DipSW).
This is a Fixed Term post to October 2024 working 37.5 hours per week, to be worked in accordance with service requirements.
For informal enquiries please contact Kathleen MacLean, Senior Social Worker email@example.com on 01847 808561
Recruitment team can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01955 880410.
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.