Occupational Therapy Support Worker
- £25,468 to £27,486 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Michelle Ramage
- Reference: 171280
- Posted November, 20, 2023 12:00 AM
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able...
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Occupational Therapy Team in General Adult Psychiatry Inpatient Services across Tayside, providing input to the Acute Adult Admission ward.
We are looking to recruit a Band 3 Support Worker to join our existing team of qualified Occupational Therapists and Support Workers on a fixed term contract. Applicants should have experience of working within a health or social care setting and experience within a mental health setting is desirable. It is essential that applicants are committed to developing skills in providing a range of valued interventions and group work, aimed at maximising Occupation Performance of individuals.
The GAP Inpatient Occupational Therapy Service provides regular formal and informal supervision, actively supports development through the knowledge and skills framework, and promotes innovative practice.
Applicants must possess good communication skills, be able to work as part of a team and be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with challenging situations.
NHS Tayside is a Values Based Organisation and is both passionate about and committed to the values of NHS Scotland which are:
- Dignity and Respect
- Openness, Honest and Responsibility
- Quality and Teamwork
- Care and Compassion
We have a structured staff review system and offer professional support through our clinical networks. We are committed to regular in-service training and personal and professional development.
You will be required to achieve the mandatory Induction standards for Healthcare Support Workers in Scotland and to comply with the Code of Conduct throughout your employment
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week.
Hours are negotiable from Monday to Friday, based on 8.30am – 4.30pm working day.
Informal enquiries to: Occupational Therapy Team Leader Lindsay Aitken – 01738 562370/4
Short-listed applicants will be contacted by email. Please check your emails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for shortlisting purposes.
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date.
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately.
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Tayside
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.