- £25,600 to £28,500 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: req3380
- Posted November, 21, 2023 9:51 AM
Support Driver Location: Aberdeen Salary: £25.6k per annum (increase to £28.5k upon successful completion of probationary period) Reference: REQ3380 We are currently looking for a Support Driver to assist with delivery and collection of boards,...
Salary: £25.6k per annum (increase to £28.5k upon successful completion of probationary period)
We are currently looking for a Support Driver to assist with delivery and collection of boards, barriers and van stock to operational sites across North Region.
SGN are currently paving the way in cutting edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Carrying out deliveries of NRSWA compliant equipment to sites in a timely manner and ensuring site clearance is complete to mitigate the risk of penalty charge from local authorities
- The role will also include the delivery of materials to teams working on site
- Some supporting standby duties will also be required
- Stores co-ordination duties
What you’ll need
- Good communication skills, including the ability to converse with members of the public
- You will be expected to be flexible and to work variable hours participating in a standby rota
- Some experience or aptitude in the use of smart phones/tablets would be an advantage
- A full UK license is required
- Accreditation for towing trailers and up to 7.5t preferred but not essential
- Some knowledge of the gas industry would be an advantage
- NRSWA tickets units 1 and 2 and a drivers CPC qualification card would be an advantage
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What we do…
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Featured Immediate start Accommodation PopularPosted by Woodlands, GlencoeFull Time
Woodlands Glencoe operates luxury lodges, golf and activities on a stunning estate near Ballachulish village. Based from our central Clubhouse building, you will be the first point of contact for all customers and very important in making their experience with us extra-ordinary!...
Posted by Will Chemists (Inverurie) LtdFull Time
Will Chemist are looking for a Pharmacy Dispenser to join our team in a busy, family run Aberdeenshire community pharmacy based on West High Street, Inverurie. The position is full time, permanent, operating Monday to Friday with an alternate Saturday working pattern.