Retail Supervisor – Part Time
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £11.07 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 486075
- Posted November, 21, 2023 10:02 AM
Retail Supervisor – Part Time, 24 hours We are looking to recruit a new retail supervisor for our shop in Duddingston, City of Edinburgh. We offer a permanent part time position working a variety of...
Retail Supervisor – Part Time, 24 hours
We are looking to recruit a new retail supervisor for our shop in Duddingston, City of Edinburgh. We offer a permanent part time position working a variety of shifts, with a minimum of 24 hours work each week. Generally including some weekend work.
Pay & benefits:
We offer an hourly pay rate of £11.07 and you will be guaranteed a minimum of 24 hours work per week. This means you will be earning at least £265 per week and if you’re looking to earn a bit more then overtime may be available.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 6 weeks holiday each year.
- Great training and development opportunities.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
- A smart uniform.
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
As one of our retail supervisors you will:
- Be an important part of the management team and support the manager in leading the team to run an efficient shop and provide a great service to our customers.
- Take full responsibility for running the shop in your manager’s absence ensuring that customers are looked after, deliveries are worked quickly and shop routines are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy shop.
- Open and close the shop, handle cash, place orders and develop your team of retail assistants.
- Take responsibility for the control of operational costs including shrinkage, waste and payroll.
You will need:
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work.
- To be a ‘people person’ who finds it easy to get on everyone and is able to build strong working relationships with the people you work with.
- To be trustworthy and reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your team and your customers will depend upon you to do your job to the best of your ability at all times.
- Some experience as a supervisor, team leader or manager in retail or other similar industries would certainly come in handy but we would still love to hear from you if you think you’ve got what it takes to take the first steps in your retail management career.
More than just a job:
Many people come to us for a part time job to earn a bit of money whilst they are studying at school, college or university and others find that it fits in well around other commitments like raising a family.
If you decide to stick around then there are many long-term opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We have some great training programmes and always look to promote to Shop and Area Manager positions from within. Many people in management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops so this could be the start of a rewarding career for you.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our Supervisors are important members of the shop management team providing support to a small team of retail assistants and ensuring that their shops run smoothly and efficiently to provide great service to our customers.
Position: PTSV, Hours: 24