- From £19.13 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 91159
- Posted November, 21, 2023 11:12 AM
To be employed in this role you must hold a HGV Class 1 Licence and have no more than six points.? Please note that you will be required to drive Class 1 & Class 2...
To be employed in this role you must hold a HGV Class 1 Licence and have no more than six points. Please note that you will be required to drive Class 1 & Class 2 vehicles during your employment.
What's in it for you?
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a great range of other benefits too. You'll receive a discount card for yourself and a second card for your nominated user, giving you 10% off your shopping. You'll receive a company pension and discretionary company bonus. On the ‘Our Asda' benefits site, you will have access to a wide range of discounts across various activities and services, anything from airport parking to theme parks and pet insurance to car tyres – whatever you're into there's something to suit everyone!
About the Role
Our operation runs 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, with that brings a wide variety of shift patterns – if you're looking for flexible working to fit around your lifestyle, then look no further! We'll work with you on your shifts, but weekend working is a requirement of the role and we may need to be flexible with your work pattern.
Our driving team has an important front-line role in maintaining our success and reputation. Without our daily store deliveries we wouldn't be able to fill our shelves with ‘extra special' products for our customers. This role is of course about safe driving, but it's also about delivering excellent customer service to our stores!
You'll be responsible for:
- Carrying out driver checks before you start the engine.
- Carrying out at least two runs over each shift, often to different stores.
- Helping with loading and unloading your vehicle at the store and any other work that needs carrying out – including cleaning your vehicle and trailer.
- Carrying out deliveries in the most efficient way possible – our regional planning team are working hard behind the scenes to ensure our routes are scheduled in the most efficient way possible.
- Delivering on time, but always safely, making sure our reputation for excellence includes driving!
Excellent service calls for high personal standards amongst the whole team. You'll be a careful and considerate driver who's willing to go the extra mile both on and off the roads. You'll be naturally friendly, helpful and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results.
Apply today by completing an online application…
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.