Security & Car Parking Officer
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 782906002
- Posted November, 21, 2023 12:29 PM
Contract type - Part time Security & Car Parking Officer - Forth Valley Royal Hospital 34.6 hour per week based on a 5 week rota, must be able to do day/night/weekend shifts. Salary – Agenda...
Contract type - Part time
Security & Car Parking Officer - Forth Valley Royal Hospital
34.6 hour per week based on a 5 week rota, must be able to do day/night/weekend shifts.
Salary – Agenda for Change – Band 2.
Job Purpose - To deliver a helpful and professional front of house Security and Car parking service in line with Board and Serco requirements in order to maintain a safe hospital environment always projecting a professional image in both appearance and attitude. To maintain the integrity of the building, those within it and whole site.
Forth Valley Royal Hospital has 860 beds and covers a single site of approximately 95,000 square metres. The Hospital Security and Car parking service provides a safe working environment within the hospital and responds to security issues as necessary. The post holders maintain the security across the whole site and provide an interventionist service.
- Provide a security presence throughout all areas of the hospital in order to deliver a polite, efficient and compassionate service to patients, visitors and staff at all times.
- Provide a secure and safe Car Parking presence the hospital in order to deliver a polite, efficient and compassionate service to patients, visitors and staff at all times in compliance with the NHS and Serco car parking policy.
- Carry out missing patient searches as and when required, following strict guidelines.
- Respond to general enquiries on the phone and in person and redirect all enquiries appropriately and in a professional manner
- Issuing keys, to authorised personnel, where appropriate and ensure that all signing in and out sheets are completed and maintained
- Provide a first line response to violent and aggressive persons within the hospital, and where necessary restraining and escorting persons from site in order to maintain a safe environment within the hospital
- Managing the car parks on a day to day basis, in line with Trusts car park policy, thus ensuring clear access is maintained for emergency services, infringements of Trust car park policy are dealt with and reported in the appropriate way
- Monitor and report critical and medical alarms and alert relevant staff to emergency situations as required
- Monitor security systems installed within the control room and alert colleagues to situations as required following CCTV procedures.
- Collection and depositing of valuables and belongs of patients as instructed for safekeeping
- Collect and store lost / found property in accordance with procedures
- Communicate effectively with hospital personnel and outside agencies such that information is given and received accurately
- Undertake physical patrols of the hospital site in line with schedule and in order to provide a Security presence and maintain a secure environment, with particular emphasis on Hot Spot areas within the hospital
- Participate as a full member of the team, e.g. supporting and training other staff, participating in team meetings, working flexibly as required to cover other members of the team.
- Report any Health and Safety hazards around the site as per procedures
- Respond to Fire alarms following procedure and assisting Fire Service and Estates Department where necessary.
- To provide assistance locating missing patients.
- Ensure all records are completed accurately and timeously.
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as prescribed by manager and within scope of skill and capability
- Assist with any control and restraint situations as required
What is needed for the role:
- SIA Licence (CCTV & Security Guarding)
- Knowledge of site lay out
- Requires a professional and sympathetic approach to people
- Use of communication equipment including telephone and two way radio
- Use of monitoring systems
- Completion of mandatory training as specified within training plan
- Risk Management
- Violence and Aggression training.
- PVG Disclosure Scotland clearance.
Systems and Equipment
- Use of Security systems within the control room,
- Computer Aided Facilities Management system (CAFM)
- Automated Guided Vehicle system (AGV)
- Paging System
- Building Management System (BMS)
- Two way radios or other communication equipment
- Other IT equipment.
- IR1 reporting system
- Risk Management
- Use of correct control and restraint systems of work
- Correct application of operational procedures
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.