Senior Data Science Analyst – Audit
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £45,054 to £50,060 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 103996
- Posted November, 21, 2023 3:29 PM
End Date Saturday 16 December 2023 Salary Range £45,054 - £50,060 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Flexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid...
End DateSaturday 16 December 2023
Salary Range£45,054 - £50,060
Agile Working OptionsFlexibility in when hours are worked, Hybrid Working
Job Description Summary.
Senior Data Science Analyst - Audit
Salary: £45,054 - £50,060 + excellent rewards package
Location: Edinburgh city centre
Hours: Full – time
Working Pattern: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in an office site
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best Financial Services provider for our customers. Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
We're looking for someone with a passion for data science and engineering to join our innovative and collaborative team! The successful candidate will apply data science and analytics techniques to support delivery of our audit plan, provide insights, and drive innovation within Group Audit & Conduct Investigations (GA&CI). This is a hands-on and varied role within a skilled and encouraging central team of data analysts and scientists, highly visible to senior management and with exposure to the entire Group.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential! As a new colleague to the team, you’ll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
About the opportunity
- Work in collaboration with business audit teams, delivering advanced analytics to provide insights and independent assurance on the effectiveness of controls, highlighting control deficiencies.
- Help the department to excel by promoting innovation and upskilling colleagues in data analytics.
- Establish relationships with business audit teams to facilitate the delivery of analytics, as well as helping colleagues performing analytics.
- Promote the use of analytics by contributing to department-wide presentations and identifying opportunities to innovate. Your work will also help the wider Group to become more data-driven.
- Contribute to data science and analytics development projects.
- Develop your knowledge of the Group’s strategy, products & markets and be responsible for your own professional development.
Essential skills & experience:
- You have experience delivering data analytics to support audits. Alternatively, you are experienced at using data analytics in a non-audit role and have a proven grasp of audit or risk.
- You're able to understand business processes and deal with ambiguity to ensure you deliver insights and assurance work that makes a difference.
- You have knowledge of databases and data warehouses concepts, understand core data analytics and visualisation principles.
- You are proficient in SQL and have a good knowledge of Python both used in a work context.
- Ability & Previous experience presenting technical topics and complex analysis to a non-technical audience.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Financial services, audit or risk experience
- Prior experience of PowerBI, Google Cloud and data sciences concepts are an advantage, especially in the fields of machine learning and natural language processing.
About working for us
This is a hands-on and multifaceted role within a skilled and supportive central team of data analysts, scientists, and engineers who are highly visible to senior management, with exposure to the entire Group.
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 28 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you’re excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch.
We’d love to hear from you.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.