- From £14.86 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABC09717
- Posted December, 06, 2023 2:43 PM
Job Purpose: Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of...
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Kittybrewster Complex, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
To assist in providing electrical building maintenance by carrying out repairs, servicing and upgrading of Council properties. Including the design, modification, installation and inspection and testing of electrical circuits.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) in Electrical Installation at SCQF level 7 (SVQ level 3) or equivalent.
- Qualified to the latest edition of IET BS7671 regulations.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Hold a valid ECS card.
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
- Installation of fixed wire circuits in domestic, commercial and industrial premises with appropriate circuit protection and enclosure methods.
- Inspection and testing.
- General maintenance of electrical circuits and fixtures.
- Fault finding, diagnosis and rectification.
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
72% MatchPosted by G & A Barnie Group Ltd£45,000 to £61,000 per annumFull Time
Our Inverness Branch is looking for Maintenance Electricians to join our Maintenance department; our electrical maintenance team carries out planned preventative maintenance routines, along with reactive works for local airports, commercial/ industry premises and for the local council.
70% MatchPosted by SSEFrom £21,795 per annumFull Time
IT Graduate Apprenticeship - Distribution Location: Perth, Scotland Salary: ?circa £21,795 + a range of other benefits to support your?family, finances and wellbeing.? Working Pattern: ?Permanent | Full Time Start date: September 2024 ?What is...
70% Match PopularPosted by SSEFrom £12,037 per annumFull Time
Scotland - Dundee, Dunoon, Elgin, Fort William, Gairloch, Inverness, Oban, Perth, Shetland, Wick England - Isle of Wight, New Forest , Slough, West London Salary: Circa £12,037 + a range of other benefits to support...