Health & Safety Specialist
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 121485
- Posted January, 08, 2024 4:07 PM
We’ve got an opportunity for a Health & Safety Specialist to join our Manufacturing team at our site in Turriff. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for leading health and safety on...
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for leading health and safety on site to ensure all managers and colleagues are engaged and motivated by Health and Safety in Morrisons. In this role you will work collaboratively with the Site Manager and other members of the Senior Team to embed a safety culture on site with robust processes and standardised working practices which keep all colleagues in work safe.
The role will also be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the site management team, colleagues & visitors comply with Health and Safety legislation and adhere to Morrisons policy and procedure in relation to safe working practices.
- Continuously review all Health and Safety compliance on site, delivering accurate reports and creating action plans against trends
- Play a lead role in the continuous improvement of the Company Safety Plan that demonstrates a strong safety culture for employees, visitors and contractors
- Ensure regular audits are completed which measure safe working practices whilst delivering products to store
- Monitor near misses and proactively supports managers to complete floor walks routinely, whilst supports managers to investigate potential hazards and accidents using the reporting tools available.
- Ensure all Health & Safety targets and standards are met at all times
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained with structured practices and processes being embedded and visible on site.
- Provide additional training and guidance to drive a culture of Health & Safety.
- Monitor trends to ensures corrective actions are completed and implemented by managers
- Lead from a Health and Safety perspective at site meetings in partnership with the union and listens and responds to issues and concerns
- Monitor and maintain compliance with safe working practices and workplace hygiene levels
- Ensure all colleagues are trained in Health and Safety to the required level to do their role
- Build great relationships with internal stakeholders at other sites, sharing best practice and proactively supports and coaches all colleagues ensuring Health and Safety is prioritised on site
- Deliver H&S training on site for new and existing colleagues and managers
- You must have a NEBOSH General Certificate with extensive Health & Safety experience ideally gained in warehousing/ logistics/distribution or FMCG Manufacturing A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is highly desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced operational environment, managing multiple stakeholders with an ability to deliver results
- Experience of building great relationships with peers, sharing best practice whilst proactively supporting and coaching colleagues, ensuring Health and Safety is at the forefront
- Experience of driving key performance indicators and how to influence them to improve audit scores, accident statistics and reduce near misses.
- Understand the impact of unsafe working practices and how this can damage stock/product which will impact service to sites
- A sound knowledge of the wider supply chain, ensuring safe working practices are maintained Confident, self starter who can implement all safe systems of work to include risk assessment, accident reporting and experience of delivering onsite compliance
- Six weeks holiday (including bank holidays).
- 15% discount in our stores available from the day you join us.
- Additional 10% discount More Card for a friend or family member.
- Career progression and development opportunities.
- Subsidised staff canteen.
- Free parking.Market leading pension and life assurance.
- Healthcare/Well-being benefits including Aviva Digital GP.
- Morrisons MyPerks with discounts at high street shops, cinemas and gyms, and lots more.
- Long Service Awards.Optional Payroll charity donations.
- Enhanced Family/maternity/parental leave
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.